No-CD Patch

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I looked on Siberian's link; if you patch ACOW with the No-CD patch, does that also automatically add the v1.04 patch, or do you need to patch v.1.04 first, then patch No-CD?

Cmdr_Vessery

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dicke Bertha said:
I looked on Siberian's link; if you patch ACOW with the No-CD patch, does that also automatically add the v1.04 patch, or do you need to patch v.1.04 first, then patch No-CD?
I patched to v1.04 first and then the No-CD patch and it works just fine.

~Cmdr_Vessery

JohnfMonahan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Help!

Using Win XP, I installed the nocd patch after a clean install of 1.04. I still get the put the cd in message. Any suggestions?

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Wipe the installation, and start clean. Install, patch, crack. (Perhaps run the game once prior to cracking, to ensure that it is working).

If that still doesn't work, come back and give us as much detail as you can about what happened.

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay, I'm trying to do the same thing. I don't have the cd at home, it's at work. But I did install and play at home before I took it. So far I'm still getting the cd must be in the drive. From the no cd readme.
to install
1) replace the .exes
2) make a folder in your toaw folder called nocd.
3) make an empty text file called TOAWintro.smk (notepad file -save as)
(alternatively copy the smk file from the cd, this wastes 64megs)
4) run regedit, goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TalonSoft\The
Operational
Art of War, CW
5) change cd_path to C:\Program Files\TalonSoft\TOAW-CW\nocd\ If
you've used a nondefault path change as appropriate. the end slash is neccesary.

1. I replaced the exe's. 2. This folder is in TOAW folder. 3. Where does this file go? It's in my nocd folder. And does it remain empty or do you copy the smk info from the cd to it? 4.I edited the registry to look like 5.
Still asks for cd. Any thing else?
I can always bring the cd back before I let you guys overrun me. :)

Update: I went back and got the 2000 nocd patch. Deleted the talonsoft nocd folder I already had. This patch has a vb script install that worked with xp. I can now play the game with no cd.

Last edited: