"No Borders"

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
One of my opponents selected this (without my knowledge). I guess it means for FOW regarding ownership? Is this a usual setting? Thanks. :)

m5000

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
according to the manual - "no borders: You can only see borders and supply rates for hexes that your forces are adjacent to, or have occupied this Turn. This is an additional means of increasing Fog of War."
When it's off, the supply figures are visible everywhere, even away from your units
When it's on, the supply figures are visible only near your units

i think that "on" is a pretty usual setting, personally, i always use it, i think it slightly increases the difficulty of the game beacuse it's a bit more difficult for you to plan your moves as you don't see supply figures everywhere before you move your units and you may not be sure what amount of supply will be on the destination hex

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I'm a great fan of 'no borders'. Adds to the degree of simulation. Certainly there are scenarios where this is almost useless due to high unit density, but try a i.e. a north africa or east front scenario or the middle east 56 scenario with and without 'no borders' on and you will see the difference in fun....

Secadegas

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
m5000 said:
yeah, it's cool :), but i've been wondering why it's called 'no borders' :surprise:
There are 3 possession "options": Flags, borders and invisible possession

Most people use borders (never heard about someone using flags...)

No borders is a new TOAW 3 feature that stays in between borders and invisible possession and it's great. On borders "mode" the terrain under your possession is too defined. In No borders only the terrain in touch with your units is really "controlled".