Nishne Nyet SSR2 question

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nishne Nyet SSR2 turns a long stretch of road into an EmRR. What happens to the various pieces of terrain on or next to the road? There are some out of season Orchards, and some walls/hedges adjacent to the road.

My guess is that the OOS Orchards stay where they are, just on top of the EmRR Hillock. The real question is what to do with the Walls and Hedges.

If you think of the EmRR Hillock as being Rubble, then since Rubble doesn't eliminate Walls/Hedges, they should still be there.

If you think of the EmRR Hillock as being an Overlay, then the adjacent Walls and Hedges would be gone.

If the Walls and Hedges were still there, would they rise from Level 0 or Level 1/2?

How do various people play it?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the simple interpretation (and "simple" is how I roll in more ways than one) would be that the EmRR replaces all the terrain in the effected hexes as if it were an overlay.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Well, the SSR is not an overlay, and nothing in the wording of the SSR suggests that it should behave in such a fashion, so the obvious conclusion is: nothing whatsoever happens to the "other" terrain, it's still in play.

What is about walls/hedges that would make them "difficult" in combination with an EmRR?

I've played the scenario (ftf) and the hardest thing was remembering the existence of the EmRR, not any issues with other terrain types.