Nintendo Rumors

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A selection of rumours have appeared over in Japan on the 2ch forums that are just too juicy to ignore. So get ready to take them all with a hefty pinch of salt and read on below:

# From Software is currently working on a first-person action RPG for Nintendo's Wii that will be in the vein of Kings Field;

# Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn on Wii will come in two parts at the same time, the first being the original GC Fire Emblem, Path of Radiance, whilst the other is the new main game (a tactic done when the first SNES Fire Emblem was released);

# The age-old rumour of NiGHTS appearing on Wii has reared its head once again, making you wonder if this one will ever actually come true;

# Square Enix and Disney Interactive have agreed that the next iteration of the Kingdom Hearts franchise should appear on Nintendo consoles - something that would not be surprising given Disney's committment to Wii and Square Enix's strong relationship with Nintendo;

# Bandai Namco's Sword of Legendia for Wii is set to be the first game in a new spin-off from the 'Tales of' RPGs, the 'Sword of' series.

C3 News :: Nintendo Rumours | Kingdom Hearts Wii, Fire Emblem Bonus & More...

The Kingdom Hearts one is kind of believable. SE did say they were making multiple versions of the next installment...perhaps one for the Wii as well.

Steph

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
# Bandai Namco's Sword of Legendia for Wii is set to be the first game in a new spin-off from the 'Tales of' RPGs, the 'Sword of' series.
*Crosses fingers* Please be true, please be true, please be true...

And please release the whole series in the UK, not just parts. :hail:

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I know there rumours but...

oh god no! If KH is to be a Wii exclusive then its gonna be hurt alot. I mean i have a wii but i would rather have it on the ps3. One thing that KH games have provided is great graphics, moving to the wii is gonna strip them of that <_< when they could be utilising the white engine on ps3 and using it to their advantage.

I hope thats not true. KH3 on PS3 not Wii. KH spin off on Wii is fine XD

.pars

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
it didnt say it was, exclusive just that kh should appear on wii, no mention of kh3 either.

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The next iteration would be the next KH being KH3, which at present has not been given a target platform. So if these rumours are true it may be mainly for the Wii. Thats the way im interpreting it anyways.

But I'm hoping that Nomura sticks to ps3 as the main one, seeing as he seems to be making games for sony consoles.

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The next installment of KH3 will have multiple versions sort of like FFXIII. Its very possible they make one version for the PS3 and one version for the Wii and make them completely different games.

In fact that would just be genius...it could push more hardware sales of both consoles allowing both or possibly all 3 (if they make a version for Xbox too) to enter a single consumers household that are fans of KH. SE would benefit from more exclusive sales if done this way overall.