Night rules - Freedom of movement E 1.21

cacomly

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Playing Edson's Ridge CG, my opponent (US) has lost one of his top 2 leaders :) and now wants to know if he can designate another leader to have FoM.

For those not familiar, CG rules allow automatic FoM for top 2 leaders rather than rolling for them as in the ASLRB.

My question, does he get to designate a new leader with automatic FoM?

Phil Palmer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Freedom of Movement E1.21

>Playing Edson's Ridge CG, my opponent (US) has lost one of his top 2 >leaders and now wants to know if he can designate another leader to >have FoM.
>
>For those not familiar, CG rules allow automatic FoM for top 2 leaders >rather than rolling for them as in the ASLRB.
>
>My question, does he get to designate a new leader with automatic FoM?>
It would depend on when the leader got whacked. If he had not determined which 2 leaders gained FOM, then sure, he can still give FOM
to his "new" top 2 leaders (with RS if multiple leaders of one level).
If however, the leader died sometime after gaining FOM, then that
FOM would not be "transferable" to the next best leader.

cacomly

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FoM

The leader was whacked along with 2 squads by a critical hit from our whopping 70mm oba while in a trench :D AFTER he had FoM.

Thanks!

Phil Palmer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Freedom of Movement E1.21

>The leader was whacked along with 2 squads by a critical hit from our >whopping 70mm oba while in a trench AFTER he had FoM.

Just remember that a CH doesn't automatically affect all units in a location--use RS to pick which one eats the CH--other units are attacked by normal OBA FP (which should be a 2MC with a final "6" on the 12 column). Of course if the RS was a "Yahtzee", then it is possible to KIA everyone.