Night Q's

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A couple of night questions.

1. OBA IR- FFE1 places an IR after radio and black chit, put chit back in deck. The IR then leaves the map that same player turn after concealment gain? Then FFE2 needs radio, black chit, IR placement just like FFE1? Do I have that right?

2. Fortifications- I'm assuming a roadblock is exactly the same as all other fortifications? It just seems weird that even if illuminated, a tank driving down the road doesn't notice it until it bumps into it. I know, reality...…….

Thanks.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A couple of night questions.

1. OBA IR- FFE1 places an IR after radio and black chit, put chit back in deck. The IR then leaves the map that same player turn after concealment gain? Then FFE2 needs radio, black chit, IR placement just like FFE1? Do I have that right?

2. Fortifications- I'm assuming a roadblock is exactly the same as all other fortifications? It just seems weird that even if illuminated, a tank driving down the road doesn't notice it until it bumps into it. I know, reality...…….

Thanks.
OBA uses the regular OBA sequence, but the current status of the mission is kept track of off board. The Observer makes radio contact, draws a black card, and then I believe puts an IR down per E1.932. After placing the IR the status of the mission is set to FFE:2 (you can set it to FFE:1 prior to placing the IR per E1.932 if you like, but it isn't very useful). The IR is removed at the usual time. In the next turn the Observer makes radio contact again but does not draw a card, places the IR per E1.932, then flips the mission status to FFE:C. Remove the IR at the appropriate time, and shuffle the black card back into the deck. See the OBA flowchart.

Roadblocks are put on board as soon as they block LOS to a hex that could otherwise be seen, per a q&a:

q&a said:
A12.33 How should roadblocks be played at night?
A. The roadblock specific provisions of A12.33 apply at night.
In most, perhaps all cases they should be seen before contact. If NVR drops to zero there may be some difficulties.

JR