Night Moves

c600g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steve Bond and I are in the middle of my first night scenario (OA 12 Sicilian Midnight), and we've come upon a few questions that we made ruling on, but are not so sure about.

1. When determining which DEFENDER unit jitter fires, the rules state that the "The “Closest DEFENDER” is one or more Good Order non-hidden units in the nearest (in hexes) occupied hex to the moving unit(s)—ATTACKER’s choice in the case of equidistant hexes."

We assumed that non-hidden units include concealed and/or cloaked units. Specifically, only HIP units are immune from jitter fire selection.

2. When a DEFENDER unit jitter fires, it loses concealment. If the unit has not yet fired this MPh, is a First Fire marker placed on it?

We assumed yes, due to the rules text under EFFECT which state "(i.e., placement of appropriate fire/Gunflash markers and attendant loss of Cloaking/concealment)", but are not too sure about this one.

Thanks much,
Alan

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
1. When determining which DEFENDER unit jitter fires, the rules state that the "The “Closest DEFENDER” is one or more Good Order non-hidden units in the nearest (in hexes) occupied hex to the moving unit(s)—ATTACKER’s choice in the case of equidistant hexes."

We assumed that non-hidden units include concealed and/or cloaked units. Specifically, only HIP units are immune from jitter fire selection.
Yes.

2. When a DEFENDER unit jitter fires, it loses concealment. If the unit has not yet fired this MPh, is a First Fire marker placed on it?

We assumed yes, due to the rules text under EFFECT which state "(i.e., placement of appropriate fire/Gunflash markers and attendant loss of Cloaking/concealment)", but are not too sure about this one.
Yes. A unit marked with first fire that jitter fires (which it won't if there is a closer than the moving unit) is marked with final fire, and one marked with final fire is not eligible for jitter fire.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
To clarify my answer to one above, there are a whole host of reasons why a unit might be immune from jitter fire selection, not just for being HIP. But being concealed or cloaked do not make a unit immune.

JR