Night ASL suggestion

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, everyone Happy new Year.
Just thinking out loud. ASL has quite the counter collection so I only suggest this as an idea. I'm playing a DAGGER night scenario and thinking about gun flash counters. They already exist so my changes could be minimal on future batches. Each gunflash counter should have Prep Fire Or Def Fire on the counter. Perhaps even Prep Fire on one side and Def Fire on the back. I'm thinking it might be as a memory aid as to which unit fired.

BTW PJ Norton did you playtest The Knife edge of Defeat by Kurt Martin? Playing it now

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As Prep Fire and Defensive Fire counters are provided already and serve as Gunflash counters as well there is no need for additional Gunflash ones. Gunflash counters are usually used to denote where a MG or ordnance has fired from and had retained ROF.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As Prep Fire and Defensive Fire counters are provided already and serve as Gunflash counters as well there is no need for additional Gunflash ones. Gunflash counters are usually used to denote where a MG or ordnance has fired from and had retained ROF.
Bingo

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just thinking out loud. ASL has quite the counter collection so I only suggest this as an idea. I'm playing a DAGGER night scenario and thinking about gun flash counters. They already exist so my changes could be minimal on future batches. Each gunflash counter should have Prep Fire Or Def Fire on the counter. Perhaps even Prep Fire on one side and Def Fire on the back. I'm thinking it might be as a memory aid as to which unit fired.

BTW PJ Norton did you playtest The Knife edge of Defeat by Kurt Martin? Playing it now
I don't know. I certainly recognize the title. Dagger was before my time. I joined the playtest group that Kurt was a part of at Brian Laethem's house in the mid 90's. They were just beginning a long run of CH playtests then. pjn

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I'm looking at the scenario right now. Looks like a fun time. I've played a number of night scenarios in the last few months. Good stuff. I'll play this one with you sometime if you like. pjn