macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

came across this and some nice history and pictures for those who love to get nice summaries

Obviously detail lacking but hey it is a summary

Cheers and merry Christmas

Rob:cool:

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Its not just WW1 - there are 5 parts - it goes through other ones on You tube - I actually liked the axis (Italy and Japan one the best for the rarer pictures

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
While I might suggest it's best described as for novice or non-treadheads, the first video coincides with my purchase of a Xmas self-prezzie of "British Battle Tanks WW I to 1939" by David Fletcher (ISBN 978-1-4728-1755-6). That is a good book for filling out the many gaps in my knowledge. I also got the 2nd part of Robert A. Forczyk's (try spelling his surname when drunk!) EF armour pair, "Tank Warfare On The Eastern Front 1943-1945 Red Steamroller" (ISBN 1783462787). I would highly recommend both Forczyk's TWotEF books, both for sufficient ASL scenario fodder and for giving a good large scale feel for the strengths and weaknesses of both the German and Soviet war capabilities.

I enjoyed the above video clips when I spotted them earlier this year, like yourself the Axis (Minor) one I found most to my taste.