Nice Learning Site for ASL in Youtube - DO you have a site you use?

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Dear All
I have learnt over my 35 years in ASL that you need to keep re-doing rules (reading them and revising them) or you forget. I am not a fabulous player but I feel the need to be as good as I can for my opponents and rules is very annoying if your hopeless to an opponent (Here I make an unreserved apology to any and all I have and do annoy)

I am just going blind as I get older and the rule book paper version is too small (not to mention the pocket one) - so I got new glasses (it did help) but still I was on the look out for the old "youtube" education series that made me think about the small things

There are lots out there (and feel free to add yours to this thread) but I found this one full of great examples that stopped me having to read the small print in that part of the book again!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBHNj4Ivrw_q4nT0FfZEQ6w/videos

The next thing we need of course is for
(a) All save up money and donate to a "Von Marwitz Fund" and get him (or another Rule's Lord) to take some time to put all his Q and A ideas and explanations into youtube
(b) Get Mark P to host "youtube" teaching on his fabulous website (that may cost as well)

Sorry to be repetitive but if you have any favorites please add yours

Hope this help you oldies like me

Cheers

Rob :cool:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I am just going blind as I get older and the rule book paper version is too small (not to mention the pocket one) - so I got new glasses (it did help) but still I was on the look out for the old "youtube" education series that made me think about the small things

There are lots out there (and feel free to add yours to this thread) but I found this one full of great examples that stopped me having to read the small print in that part of the book again!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBHNj4Ivrw_q4nT0FfZEQ6w/videos
I just took a quick look at this. I picked one video arbitrarily (https://www.youtu be.com/watch?v=P3utSgIxwVQ; remove the space in the URL to view) and found a few items that I believe are rules errors. I posted some comments explaining what I think the errors are. It seems like a very good set of videos, but it may be they have not been thoroughly "proof-watched" by an outside rules editor.

JR

Last edited:

veron

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I have added all these videos to BGG (with permission), some errors are reported there also. People like the videos, but yes, he usually sneaks at least one error in each video, unfortunately.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have added all these videos to BGG (with permission), some errors are reported there also. People like the videos, but yes, he usually sneaks at least one error in each video, unfortunately.
Fortunately, he is far from alone in the error department, I have yet to see an error free game of ASL :D