Ni No Kuni

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This game was released in late January for the PS3 as an exclusive game. Level-5 and Studio Ghibli, the studio behind the Miyazaki films, collaborated for this game that just looks amazing. I may actually pull the trigger to finally buy a console of the current generation JUST so I can play this game. And probably the coolest part about it is the fact it also has anime cutscenes. Something I've been hoping JRPGs would have a very long time.

From Amazon (which has 179 reviewers giving it a full 5 stars out of a current 206):
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, a heart-warming tale of a young boy named Oliver, who embarks on a journey into a parallel world in an attempt to bring his mother back from the dead. Along the way, Oliver makes new friends and adopts many of the wonderful creatures that inhabit the world, raising them to battle other creatures on his behalf as he takes on formidable enemies. Developed by LEVEL-5 with animation by the legendary Studio Ghibli, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch combines beautiful animated visuals, masterful storytelling and a sweeping score into an epic role-playing adventure like no other.
The game's intro:

Ni No Kuni - Homepage

Last edited by a moderator: