NHL Playoffs 2015

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The greatest time of year - as the hardest grind to a championship in the four major sports begins.

The East is loaded this year - though my Rangers have had a great regular season - every round presents a legitimate threat. Even this first round, which starts tonight, has me a little nervous - though the loathsome Penguins stumbled down the stretch, they still have two all world players in Crosby and Malkin. I just am counting on teh Rangers depth and goaltending to carry them past the Pens - who have ended lost of playoff runs for NY over the years.

Kinda cool that five Canadian teams made the tournament. Too bad two of them will be gone after the first round because four of them are squaring off against each other.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I too, am a life-long Ranger fan. All the pundits picking the Rangers makes me nervous. Personally, there are really only a couple of teams which I think we match up poorly against, and sadly, one of them is the Islanders. I think a series with them would be long and drawn out, not to mention just downright nasty. St. Louis would also be a tough matchup but if we see them, we are in the finals so I could live with that. Just hoping to see one more Rangers championship in my lifetime. -- jim

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As long as someone beats the Canadiens it will be a good year.

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like its not going to be Ottawa. i had them in my bracket as an upset special, but they are down 3-0 now.

PK Subhan makes it really easy to hate n the Habs.

And why o why can't the Rangers EVER make life easy and win a short series?

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Last night's Game 7 between the Rangers and the Caps was everything you could love about playoff hockey - tense, exhilarating, dramatic. I thin the 2015 Rangers -Caps series, each game decided by one goal, tow in OT, will go down as a classic.

Final Four this year features what i thought of as the four best teams heading in to the playoffs. lightning v Rangers and Hawks v Ducks. Funny - after all the drama and stress of teh first two rounds =- we are only halfway to the Cup.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here comes the Hawks, the mighty Hawks, the mighty Blaaaaaack Hawks, the mighty Blaaaaaack Hawks ....

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Dunno about that ... it is just a name after all... mainly a marketing name at that. But I tell you what, I am sure as hell enjoying it.

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Grats to the Hawks - they ARE a modern day dynasty. Thank you to presenting the most competitive and thrilling Final we have seen in a long time (and for enabling me to win $ 120 in the office NHL playoff bracket pool).

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[video=youtube;ewvNCuyoYhY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewvNCuyoYhY[/video]

2015 Champs!!!

Only missed 2 series in the NHL bracket challenge and came in 12940th place. 99th percentile.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[video=youtube;ewvNCuyoYhY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewvNCuyoYhY[/video]

2015 Champs!!!

Only missed 2 series in the NHL bracket challenge and came in 12940th place. 99th percentile.
Similar here Sarfs - had Ottawa over Montreal and the Blues over Minnesota - apart form that, I ran the table. and finished 3167 in the country in the 100th percentile.

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Similar here Sarfs - had Ottawa over Montreal and the Blues over Minnesota - apart form that, I ran the table. and finished 3167 in the country in the 100th percentile.
I had the NYI beating Wash and the NYR beating TB. Only picked 3 first round lengths correctly. Some people went 7 for 8.

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Cup in Lemont with Scott Darling on old fire truck. I tried to do a selfie as he past in front of me but phone decided to have a brain cramp.