NFTs and ASL

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Easy, just create NFTs from various custom VASL maps and counters and sell 'em. For instance create custom counters representing Abrams', Carius', Wittmann's, etc., vehicles, Rudel's aircraft, etc.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
How to make money off of the mania for Non Fungible Tokens and ASL:

1. Figure out what a Non Fungible Token is
  2. ???
  3. Profit!
If I'd be the judge, I'd give this a 'Spuddy Award'.

That said - what about the 'Spuddy Award'? Have not seen one in the looon time. Is the esprit of the community deteriorating?

von Marwitz

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I'd be the judge, I'd give this a 'Spuddy Award'.

That said - what about the 'Spuddy Award'? Have not seen one in the looon time. Is the esprit of the community deteriorating?

von Marwitz
Yes

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
That said - what about the 'Spuddy Award'? Have not seen one in the looong time. Is the esprit of the community deteriorating?
Oh, what a curt and bitter judgement...

Maybe you could outline the prerequisites of winning the 'Spuddy Award', maybe give the people a glimpse of it. Some might not even be aware of it, so by making it known you could put a purpose to their lives and save them from hunting after such things as the Holy Grail.

von Marwitz

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh, what a curt and bitter judgement...

Maybe you could outline the prerequisites of winning the 'Spuddy Award', maybe give the people a glimpse of it. Some might not even be aware of it, so by making it known you could put a purpose to their lives and save them from hunting after such things as the Holy Grail.

von Marwitz
No! Spuddy, or no Spuddy, there is no try. One cannot define the essence of a Spuddy. To quote the Zen masters - Out of nowhere, the Spuddy comes forth. Question: What is Spuddy? Answer: Three pounds of humor.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
No! Spuddy, or no Spuddy, there is no try. One cannot define the essence of a Spuddy. To quote the Zen masters - Out of nowhere, the Spuddy comes forth. Question: What is Spuddy? Answer: Three pounds of humor.
$4.23????🤔

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oy. The Spuddies have no prerequisites, procedures, infrastructure, or anything like that. Be funny when I'm looking and you might get one. Be annoying, ever, and your chances diminish. Be funny and THEN annoying at your peril; Spuddies have been known to be repossessed by the SSNRS (Spuddy Stealth Ninja Repo Squad).

These days, Spuddies are awarded infrequently. Really Darn Infrequently. Because I don't read everything and I don't try as hard anymore. What can I say; when you live in Idaho, you need an outlet. Now that we're 25+ years down the road from there (!), I'm a little more sedate.

I HAVE thought about reposting them. Since they came out on Thanksgiving weekend, I might dip into the archives and grab some year's Spuddy Awards and post them here. I would say let's pencil them in, but you people are going to crawl up my personal space and start hounding me like 3 year olds after sugar, and you can understand how that might dampen my enthusiasm.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Oy. The Spuddies have no prerequisites, procedures, infrastructure, or anything like that. Be funny when I'm looking and you might get one. Be annoying, ever, and your chances diminish. Be funny and THEN annoying at your peril; Spuddies have been known to be repossessed by the SSNRS (Spuddy Stealth Ninja Repo Squad).

These days, Spuddies are awarded infrequently. Really Darn Infrequently. Because I don't read everything and I don't try as hard anymore. What can I say; when you live in Idaho, you need an outlet. Now that we're 25+ years down the road from there (!), I'm a little more sedate.

I HAVE thought about reposting them. Since they came out on Thanksgiving weekend, I might dip into the archives and grab some year's Spuddy Awards and post them here. I would say let's pencil them in, but you people are going to crawl up my personal space and start hounding me like 3 year olds after sugar, and you can understand how that might dampen my enthusiasm.
Girdle your loins, have hot cup of Harbucks and you'll feel better about the whole project. 😊

Remember, 3) Profit

Last edited:

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
The ebay/etc after-market for official and TPP ASL materials is probably close enough to NFTs for most of us.