NFL TV Broadcasts Why?

Dion

Ober Field Marshal
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A NFL rule states that TV broadcasts will be blacked out locally if the home team isn't sold out 48 hours prior to the game. I haven't seen one fan in the stadiums all season, so why are the games televised? As a Detroit Lions fan, during the Silverdome era, a third of Detroit Lion games weren't sold out, this includes a time when the great Barry Sanders played, not only that it includes nationally televised games, like the annual Thanksgiving game and playoff games. I had to live through that shit all my life. Sounds like fubar to me, just like instant replay.

Years ago the players using the union snubbed their teams by threatening to not play if they don't get their way, then the league snubs the fans by giving into the players and instigating instant replay, then the government snubs everyone by claiming professional sports is more important than common sense. This shows you that money is more important than anything on earth, even people. I mean I haven't seen one single person sick with COVID-19, all I've seen is signs saying don't do this, don't do that, you must do this to enter. What gives?

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
A NFL rule states that TV broadcasts will be locked out locally if the home team isn't sold out 48 hours prior to the game. I haven't seen one fan in the stadiums all season, so why are the games televised? As a Detroit Lions fan, during the Silverdome era a third of Detroit Lion games weren't sold out, this includes a time when the great Barry Sanders played, not only that it includes nationally televised games, like the annual Thanksgiving game and playoff games. I had to live through that shit all my life. Sounds like fubar to me, just like instant replay.

Years ago the players using the union snubbed their teams by threatening to not play if they don't get their way, then the league snubs the fans by giving into the players and instigating instant replay, then the government snubs everyone by claiming professional sports is more important than common sense. This shows you that money is more important than anything on earth, even people. I mean I haven't seen one single person sick with COVID-19, all I've seen is signs saying don't do this, don't do that, you must do this to enter. What gives?
Maybe if you cheered for a much, much, much better team, you would have a better understanding that some teams actually earn revenue from people paying to watch them. Only a single playoff win in the last 60 years?

Dion

Ober Field Marshal
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Spoken' like a real Bleeding Heart Liberal. Maybe I'm looking for some justice around here. Maybe if all the other teams were blacked out like their supposed to be we could get some justice around here. Anyway I don't give a shit about revenue for millionaires, especially with all the poor sportsmanship I see every Sunday, this includes all the teams not just the Lions. Plus what you see on the field doesn't count, even if the refs say it was a legal play, even if all the people in the stands say it was a legal play, it doesn't count until it's in sync virtually, disregarding humanity and common sense. Instant replay doesn't call the play correctly, it just makes it look masterful on paper and makes appeasers out of us all.

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Spoken' like a real Bleeding Heart Liberal.
Not only do you have no idea who you're talking to, you obviously don't know the definition of 'liberal'. As a hint, if someone is advising you of the economic benefits on an activity, it's very likely he's not a liberal or at least not a very good one.

. Anyway I don't give a shit about revenue for millionaires, especially with all the poor sportsmanship I see every Sunday
All those people working as ushers, concession staff, parking attendants, sports medicine, sideline security, bus drivers, camera crew, maintenance staff, etc. etc. are millionaires? Who knew!

, this includes all the teams not just the Lions. Plus what you see on the field doesn't count, even if the refs say it was a legal play, even if all the people in the stands say it was a legal play, it doesn't count until it's in sync virtually, disregarding humanity and common sense. Instant replay doesn't call the play correctly, it just makes it look masterful on paper and makes appeasers out of us all.
So don't watch. Intelligent people realize human officials are part of the game.

Dion

Ober Field Marshal
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ya? Well f-you too Mr. Know it All, you god damn smart ass. You sound just like a ESPN analyst.

Last edited: