Votes: 4 18.2%
  • REN

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters

Lord_Valentai

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Jim, the combined vote for all the Nappy games is only less than a third. So had it been a vote for which game series REN would still have won. It's not like REN is the winner only by a small margin, and that combined it would have lost.

I would also be pedantic and say that the Total War series has no games from 1500-1600AD too. :p

I'm sure once a few more of them are out they'll do what they did with the EAW games once Mexican American War was released.

Last edited:

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rich,

I understand why you put Ren in this ladder, but sense Ren was new, I think you should have just said, "Let's have a tournament using Ren," instead of asking what NAPOLEONIC game we wanted to use for the next tournament.

Ren IS NOT NAPOLEONIC, plain and simple. Please undestand people don't think about which game engines are related when thinking about time periods.

Again, I understand where you're coming from, and having a Ren tournament will promote the game, and be enjoyable for those involved. Still it's not NAPOLEONIC.

Politely, al

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Gents,

I'd like to run another tourney in this section, but will probably hold off until the fall. If one is run what title would you like to see used?
Al (& Jim for that matter),

Where did I say Napoleonic Tourney? My initial post is above, and the games to choose from are those supported by this section - period. I simply forgot to add REN in to the original selections, hence my follow up addition, but this is the place it has been supported since the day it was released.

Really guys, if its that big of a deal step up and volunteer to run a Nap only tourney. Will be glad to see it and hopefully the people on the ladder will join in! The more the merrier I say!

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hehehe.... my bad. How stupid of me to think a post about a new tournament at a Napoleonic forum didn't mean it would involve a Napoleonic battle!

... but you are right Rich. You never wrote Napoleonic. Right as usual, sir. <salute>

Bison36

Recruit
Reaction score
Any timeframe for a possible start date? I just hope by fall you mean October :)

Macnab

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does it warrent a big thing, we are all nap players and it looks like most are REN players to, a democratic vote was held and Ren came out top, but it has got up some peoples nose`s ,why,? do the resent a new game coming out that is popular which REN is, Rich has said they wont give a seperate forum to REN i for one dont mind sharing and i have both games, if Jim amd Al got REN they may like it,

rahamy

Reaction score
The ACW tourney is due to end mid-July. so why don't we aim to start sometime around then?
Any timeframe for a possible start date? I just hope by fall you mean October :)
Hi Bison,

I had tentatively suggested the above after a few comments were made - but I'm fine with waiting until the fall too. It will be majority rules based on participants vote. I'll gather that data sometime next month I guess to give us a better idea of what we are talking about.

Jim Hall

Reaction score
Country
ll
Gentlemen
Cant afford this game, don't work for a bailed out bank, or for a company involved in the sub prime crisis, now where were they from again?
Think I will await the Boar War as its closer to the Nappy time frame than REN.

Paladin851

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Greetings all
First post in this part of the Game Squad forum...wish it was under better circumstances. One of the votes for a Napoleonic title in the poll was mine. Unfortunately I had just recently purchased and started playing the HPS napoleonic titles (been playing the Battleground series) and found my way here to late to take part in the current tournament........bad luck I guess !!! No interest what-so-ever in Ren.

rahamy

Reaction score
Welcome! The next tourney will be one of the Nap titles...which one will be left to be decided. I try not to run 2 tourneys back-to-back using the same title so that guys get some variety.

Paladin851

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome! The next tourney will be one of the Nap titles...which one will be left to be decided. I try not to run 2 tourneys back-to-back using the same title so that guys get some variety.
Thanks.....I will keep an eye out for the next Nap.tournament

Jim Hall

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi Rich

Good points.
"Nappy" seems to be dead if not "very ill".
If only there was a new game ! (but its not ACW)
Perhaps I can win a copy of REN :)
Back to Total War

rahamy

Reaction score
Guys, we're working on the first update for REN, so I definitely want to hold off starting until that is released...hopefully not too terribly long now.

rahamy

Reaction score
I've moved this thread over to the new REN forums since that's the title that won it.

The 1.01 update is in testing now...just waiting for the 3D to be finished. Once it is we'll get it issued and look at getting a tourney up and running.

Mad Dog

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Put me on the list for a REN tourney too... Every battle needs cannon fodder.:)

rahamy

Reaction score
I've got a good portion of the 3D graphics in now, so if all goes well come early December we can get the 1.01 update out and then run this tourney.

If people would like to start suggesting scenarios for inclusion that would be great. I'm thinking a 3-round tourney with sets of 3 people in each group - with each player playing both sides in each scenario. So not mirrored, but a similar setup. Like the ACW tourneys we have run here.