Status
Not open for further replies.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
The first 3 modules in the new Civil War ASL set includes 4 12.5 by 18.25 geo boards, all combat counters required included in module one, and 6 scenarios per expansion.
Module 1 includes the CWASL chapter and 960 combat counters. "Get your Dahlgrins here, and don't run out of tabackee".

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
English civil war, I presume, or is it Roman civil war?
How are pikes, muskets or pila depicted?
Does Cromwell have some armor protection?
And what are the values of Octavian, compared with those of Brutus?
Are the pretorian counters black?

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
English civil war, I presume, or is it Roman civil war?
How are pikes, muskets or pila depicted?
Does Cromwell have some armor protection?
And what are the values of Octavian, compared with those of Brutus?
Are the pretorian counters black?

You're actually on track here! ASL FIW (French and Indian War) is under development, bringing gunpowder era ASL back another hundred years.
And ASL HYW (Hundred Years War) is in the early stages of development with some of the art already completed!
I'm not making any of this up folks :).

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I believe the Roman siege of Jerusalem will be part of the Genesis III bundle of packs - bringing the Middle East conflicts full circle.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
I believe the Roman siege of Jerusalem will be part of the Genesis III bundle of packs - bringing the Middle East conflicts full circle.
That would be an interesting project. Instead of a squad the Roman infantry would represent a Maniple. Judean counter attackers could be in mobs of variable strength. The artillery would all be standard first century Roman impedimenta and Zealot imitations. Scale might have to be halved, and the maps, depicting street and buildings of an ancient city, would be awesome.
Same ASL adaptation could be used for the destruction of Corinth during the 4th Macedonian war, the siege of Alexandria during the war between Anthony and Octavian, and the Siege of Alesia during the Gallic Wars.
Great suggestion.

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
if this guys stuff was not such over priced garbage then I think it would Deserve being ASL news, until then, better to quarantine this post and not let the uninitiated get a nasty infection.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
And there's the rub...when is ASL not ASL? When its not published by Avalon Hill? When it is licensed by Avalon Hill? When it is licensed by Hasbro? When its not licensed by anyone, but covers the year range produced by Avalon Hill (1939-1945 ?). There are now a plethora of producers, current and defunct that publish expansions of ASL.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
And there's the rub...when is ASL not ASL? When its not published by Avalon Hill? When it is licensed by Avalon Hill? When it is licensed by Hasbro? When its not licensed by anyone, but covers the year range produced by Avalon Hill (1939-1945 ?). There are now a plethora of producers, current and defunct that publish expansions of ASL.
A number of your fellow forum members complained that your announcement was inappropriate in the ASL forum and belonged in the CH sub forum.

After giving the question consideration, I agreed with them.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not quite.
You have your own forum [have for awhile] (as do other TPP, [not all of them for awhile] and they ["owners"] and those players that play such TPP post there, and that is where you post should have posted. Were you have asked a more theoretical question "What do players think about X as a future ASL design avenue"...then I think you post would have stuck. As is you were just advertising as a rep. and that means it belongs in your sub-folder. Had it been some excited player saying look CWASL...then sure I get the post...but then the mods. would have re-directed it too..as it belongs in your own section.

Note, I did not "complain" (see Jazz's post below), but I agree on the move.

Last edited:

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Not quite.
You have your own forum [have for awhile] (as do other TPP, [not all of them for awhile] and they ["owners"] and those players that play such TPP post there, and that is where you post should have posted. Were you have asked a more theoretical question "What do players think about X as a future ASL design avenue"...then I think you post would have stuck. As is you were just advertising as a rep. and that means it belong in your sub-folder. Had it been some excited player saying look CWASL...then sure I get the post...but then the mods. would have re-directed it too..as it belong in your own section.

Note, I did not "complain" (see Jazz's post below), but I agree on the move.
No problem on my end...this is a democracy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.