Next in the LCP pipeline?

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
George,
What is close to being released in the LCP pipeline?

PS. Hey Mods, please pin this thread to the top of George's area for us to quickly review the new release information.

Thanks in advance.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Norman city of Caen and the airfield of Carpiquet were important targets on D-Day. The British and Canadian troops that landed on Sword and Juno Beaches were tasked with capturing these vital objects. The British and Canadian troops did not get that far on D-Day. Carpiquet would finally be captured on 8 July during Operation WINDSOR with Caen falling the following day during Operation CHARNWOOD. CHARNWOOD however only managed to capture of the northwestern part of Caen, the rest of the city would fall during Operation GOODWOOD on 18 July. Colombelles is an industrial town north east of Caen, east of Hérouville and the Orne River. The entire area was dominated by the chimneys of the Société Métallurgique de Normandie (Metallurgic Company of Normandy), a giant steel factory at Colombelles. The chimneys were the ideal observation posts over the battlefield for the Germans. General Bernard Law Montgomery decided on an operation to take these posts out. The operation was aptly called Operation STACK.

Anticipate release date,February 2021

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Are you going to release counters with this module? I noticed that there are some 547s in play. If you do release the counters then could you give the smoke exponent of the 547 squad a thought. I already have some 547s which you released earlier. Their smoke exponent is a 2. I was wondering is that too high for a 1st line squad? The 548 squad from MMP and the 468 squad from MMP both have a smoke exponent of 2. Perhaps a smoke exponent of 1 for the 547 would be more suitable for its class?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are you going to release counters with this module? I noticed that there are some 547s in play. If you do release the counters then could you give the smoke exponent of the 547 squad a thought. I already have some 547s which you released earlier. Their smoke exponent is a 2. I was wondering is that too high for a 1st line squad? The 548 squad from MMP and the 468 squad from MMP both have a smoke exponent of 2. Perhaps a smoke exponent of 1 for the 547 would be more suitable for its class?
I agree with the thinking here, but due to this pack's February release I am sure the counters have already been printed. Regardless, I will get this pack as I have been wanting to do my own design on this battle but was never satisfied with my rough drafts. LCP's release eliminates this from my "to do" list. I'll always favor HASL over regular geo ASL.