Next GS tournament at chess com

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, I was just waiting for someone to ask! So, sure! And we are definitely going 960 this time.

Anybody else interested?

kcdusk

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Bah! 960 chess? I'm out.

If i'm going to learn bad habits playing chess i'll do it while playing blitz.

Lurker

Reaction score
Bah! 960 chess? I'm out.

If i'm going to learn bad habits playing chess i'll do it while playing blitz.
But the thing is this will improve your chess. It removes rote book openings and make the players get creative on their own.

Give it a try. Scott said the same thing once until he tried it an beat me.:laugh:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But the thing is this will improve your chess. It removes rote book openings and make the players get creative on their own.

Give it a try. Scott said the same thing once until he tried it an beat me.:laugh:
He's right about all of that. :laugh:

kcdusk

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I think most years, Scott has had to PM each of the past years players to see if anyones interested. There always appears to be viewers logged in here, but not many are active.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think most years, Scott has had to PM each of the past years players to see if anyones interested. There always appears to be viewers logged in here, but not many are active.
Yeah, things have quieted down here. Things were going better when I was blogging and posting a lot of chess stuff - that always creates more interest in people who otherwise don't have a chess bent - but now that I have throttled back, things have settled down. That's the internet, I suppose.

I'll post an announcement and see if that generates some interest. If there is still not enough interest to fill a roster, I'll PM some people and/or open the tourney to the Chess.com community.

kcdusk

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
More for information ...

1. I'm out of internet range from June 22nd to July 16th.
2. I have played 84 ranked games in Chessmaster, and am trying to play 100 games before i leave next week. I had been meaning to have some kind of unoffical blog/thread here, but i've had trouble accessing this site (have others found gamesquad unavailable too?). Its been great fun, and i've picked up/noticed a few things which at the time, might have been interesting. But i've found that playing a game, then reviewing it before moving onto the next game, has been taking up all of my chess time. I've had no time to put my observations down in a thread, and this is also why i wouldnt play chess 960. Any time i have for chess, i am using achieving some other goals rather than playing a chess hybrid game.