Newly activated Enemy DF

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
If a S? is activated during the Friendly Movement Phase and results in a 5-2-7 that cannot fire at the moving unit at >= 5 hexes distance.

During the final defensive fire, is it's FP still halved (because it cannot have Opportunity Fired in the Prep Fire Phase)?

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It's possible that I have grossly misunderstood your question; if so, please forgive.

Assuming it did not fire in the FRIENDLY MPh (First Defensive Fire), it would fire at half FP in the DFPh only at targets 2-4 hexes away, ie. only at long range. Note that its designation as an Opportunity Firer could only happen in the ENEMY PFPh, not in the FRIENDLY MPh.

Clear as mud?

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Yes, CT, the unit it fired on during Final DF was three hexes away in a woods hex. Hence 1(+!).
Thanks

Scott Hasson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe the answer lies in the middle of S5.3. It is Activated, but since it can not engage it remains concealed.

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Scott, you may be right there, I assumed if it hadn't fired at a moving target, it would fire in Final Defensive Fire at a target in range/long range. But you're rule reading seems correct.

Thanks.