Newbie transitioning from ASLSK to ASL: VBM and Concealment Loss

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I apologize in advance, cause I am sure this question has been asked and answered many times before; but unfortunately, the search tool seems to not like me. I have done due diligence in searching RB and Perry Sez, but I can't find the definitive rule reference I seek. Thanks for your assistance.

Question: when / does VBM cause concealment loss?

Case in point: I have a concealed 6-6-6 in a woods hex, a German Panzer IV enters the hex via VBM while expending its last MF (staying in Motion). I elect not to conduct CCRF because of the nearby presence of some ill-tempered 6-5-8 squaddies who surely would mean trouble if my devil-squad made itself a KEU.

Does the enemy AFV (which is now in stationary bypass (D2.34) cause the loss of concealment?
**** I have re-read A12.151 till my eyes hurt. Much of A12.151 is about Infantry except the last line which speaks to Reaction Fire (D7.2) and then / thus by implication Street Fighting (D7.211 / A11.8).

Is there another place in the RB I should be looking to answer this?

NOTE: I am playing the scenario against myself as I try to bridge from SK to Full, so I don't have an opponent to ask / weigh in on this question.

Thanks
Velo

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The concealed unit would lose its concealment if the vehicle stayed in bypass at the end of its (as opposed to the) MPh. The rule reference you're looking for is A12.42. "...or if the vehicle/its-Passenger(s)/Rider(s) end itsJ10 MPh in that Location [EXC: a "broken " vehicle cannot cause concealment loss; 12.1]."

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the speedy response, greatly appreciated...…

Based on the Case the in Point, I should have elected CCRF cause now the 6-5-8s have taken notice of me :(

I assume the J10 subscript means that the rule clarification can be found in that publication? IE... ASL Journal 10.

Cheers,
Velo

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I assume the J10 subscript means that the rule clarification can be found in that publication? IE... ASL Journal 10.
Correct.

A12.42: line 5, replace “end the MPh” with “end its MPh”.

It was issued to bring the rule in line with the Concealment Loss/Gain Table, which says:
"...is in an obstacle where a vehicle ends its MPh in Bypass (A12.42)..."

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Klas,

Thanks for the additional insight that furthered my ASL education (indoctrination)!

Based on your response and in conjunction with Eagle's J10 subscript, I flipped to the Errata in my Pocket RB (PHB) and saw the update note for A12.42

Am I correct in assuming that the PHB main text / body contains all errata thru J9 with the J10 included the section after the Index?

Cheers,
Velo

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
No, the pocket rulebook only has a list of all errata from Journal 2 up to 10. It does include all the replacement pages published so far.