Newbie questions regarding CH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello friends!
My questions:

Movement phase
Artillery scores a Critical Hit (and ROF) on an enemy leader and squad moving in the open
Random selection - leader takes the CH
Double firepower on IFT and -1ffnam -1ffnam for the leader

"11" is rolled, leader passes using -1ffnam -1ffmo modifiers, is this doubled?

Now... is the same roll of "11" on the IFT used against the squad?
with no -1ffnam -1ffmo applied since it was used on the 'to hit' roll?

Since the artillery achieved ROF must it wait until squad and leader move to a 'new' hex?

Thanks in advance
"Think positive, test negative"!

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello friends!
My questions:

Movement phase
Artillery scores a Critical Hit (and ROF) on an enemy leader and squad moving in the open

Since the artillery achieved ROF must it wait until squad and leader move to a 'new' hex?

Thanks in advance
They are moving as a stack, right? I always played it as they are 1 target but if I am playing it wrong (probably :)) the original "11" is used for both attacks with no drm because you had used the -1 ffnam/ ffmo on the TH roll

Anyways, the -1 ffmo/ nam is not doubled, only a positive TEM:
C3.71 (2nd sentence) Furthermore, any positive TEM [EXC: higher-building-level TEM (B23.32), pillbox NCA TEM (B30.113), SMOKE, and Hindrance] which that target would normally be entitled to for TH or IFT purposes is reversed

And yes all defensive Fire is MF/ MP based. You can only fire as many times as the opponent spent MF/ MP in that hex.

I hate that when you roll a CH, then follow it up with a bad DR. A fleeting Lady Luck...

Last edited:

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello friends!
My questions:

Movement phase

Thanks in advance
You can only fire once per MF, so if they only used one MF when you fired on them, you have to wait until they moved again, if he used 2 MF to enter the hex, you can fire twice.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If a CH is achieved FFMO and FFNAM will apply to both the TH DR & the IFT effects DR to the unit selected for the CH. The unit(s) not selected for a CH will only have them apply to the TH DR. And No, the FFNAM & FFMO DRs are not doubled for the CH effects DR, just the FP of the ordnance (in your case NOT artillery-improper terminology) FP. Note also that since each unit was subject to different FP attacks, if one unit was KIA but not the other the remaining unit would NOT be automatically broken as would be the case if they were subject to SAME attack (e.g. if there was no CH involved). However, having said as much, if the Leader was selected for the CH and Broken/KIAed and the unit it was stacked with was not KIAed, the surviving unit may become subject to a LLTC/LLMC simply because they were stacked together and considered a single stack at the moment of the attack upon them.

NOTE: It is a good, if not almost always necessary, practice to employ proper terminology when referring to items in ASL rulings to avoid unnecessary confusion.

BTW ordnance is underlined to denote its difference from ordinance. One is military hardware that fires rounds the other is the rules/laws that govern its use (e.g. the ASLSK RB).:giggle:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge and offering me help!

Stay positive, test negative!