Newbie and Case B, C and J

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
I was trying to go point by point so the the new fella would know exactly where I was getting the numbers from. As long as you include all the pluses it does not really matter how you write it.

I usually state the following when firing during the MPh or AFPh:

IE: +4 T/ST, +1 (if BU),...then any othe mods for range (if applicable), size, and so on.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
The Purist said:
I was trying to go point by point so the the new fella would know exactly where I was getting the numbers from. As long as you include all the pluses it does not really matter how you write it.

I usually state the following when firing during the MPh or AFPh:

IE: +4 T/ST, +1 (if BU),...then any othe mods for range (if applicable), size, and so on.
And I appreciated reading it. But everytime I look at the C5 chart I go:

"A. Nope in my CA"
"B. Nope in MPh"
"C. No B because I'm in MPh so +2 for T"
"C1. Yep, only 3 MP in LOS of target so +1"

etc...

I'll be sure to note somewhere that the +2 (or +3) is for MPh shots too.

bennyb

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Bounding Fire in the DFPh confusion

I actually have a similar quibble about this.

Consider an in-motion tank firing in the DFPh. This tank would be subject to Case C4 of course. The rules for C4 are:

5.35 Case C4; Motion Firer: A Motion/Non-Stopped vehicle which is moving and wishes to fire in its MPh without stopping (D2.13) first, must add the applicable DRM of Case C4 to its To Hit DR.....

This confuses me as it seems incorrect to take into account Case C given that Case C specifies "Bounding Firer" which according to the rules can only apply during the MPh. This would lead me to believe that for an in-motion tank firing in the DFPh only the 2x modifier would apply not the +4 modifier from case B and C combined (which is the way everyone plays it). I would have liked to have seen an EXC: in the rules for these cases to clarify them.

Opinions?