Newb Review of Croix de Guerre

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It looks like the vehicle outlines are a little thick, but everything looks perfectly legible--not smeared or anything. Am I missing something?

seblick

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It looks like the vehicle outlines are a little thick, but everything looks perfectly legible--not smeared or anything. Am I missing something?
"Which of these things are not like the other?"
I stated that it was the vehicle images that were faulty, so, yes... you apparently missed something.
And before a troll scold inevitably appears, I merely asked if anyone else experienced poor printing on sheet 9. Not a problem practically, but certainly undesirable and not acceptable to any printer concerned with professional results. Thanks for your interest.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The detail lines on the fenders are darker and thicker on the CdG counters. There are also dark "shadows" in places, e.g. on Pz38(t) A [d] and Pz38(t) A [F] on the upper front hull to the left of the gun. On mine that shadow is less pronounced. On the other hand the Opel Blitzes are fine, and that's what I bought it for. Forty-six Opel Blitzes.

JR

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
"Which of these things are not like the other?"
I stated that it was the vehicle images that were faulty, so, yes... you apparently missed something.
And before a troll scold inevitably appears, I merely asked if anyone else experienced poor printing on sheet 9. Not a problem practically, but certainly undesirable and not acceptable to any printer concerned with professional results. Thanks for your interest.
No. I haven't noticed anything that I might consider smudges or poor printing. Thanks for asking!

afgur

Reaction score
First name
Alan
Country
llUnited States
hello all

I noticed my pz 38's a bit hard to read, kinda thick. looked like those pics

alan

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hello all

I noticed my pz 38's a bit hard to read, kinda thick. looked like those pics

alan
So are you actually saying that any of the text or numbers are hard to read or are you not saying that but rather saying that some of the vehicle depictions have thick lines.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

The newer ones seem to have cramped letters, probably used a bold font rather than the tall font of the originals. The image is slightly bigger, but also less detail in the vehicles. It's a negligible change, but the letters are slightly harder to read. How big a problem is it? Well, you only really need the name of the vehicles when pulling counters, and I think most people use the other characteristics to do that. But are the counters objectively as good? From what was posted, I'd say it's a slight quality drop that probably has little actual effect. By the same token it's noticeable and silly to pretend it isn't there. I'd say the chief improvement is removing a couple of millimetres of dead space from the borders, and better centring and color registration.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
View attachment 12255

The newer ones seem to have cramped letters, probably used a bold font rather than the tall font of the originals. The image is slightly bigger, but also less detail in the vehicles. It's a negligible change, but the letters are slightly harder to read. How big a problem is it? Well, you only really need the name of the vehicles when pulling counters, and I think most people use the other characteristics to do that. But are the counters objectively as good? From what was posted, I'd say it's a slight quality drop that probably has little actual effect. By the same token it's noticeable and silly to pretend it isn't there. I'd say the chief improvement is removing a couple of millimetres of dead space from the borders, and better centring and color registration.
The vehicle image and the lettering on the counter image on the left (the new counter artwork) looks terrible. I really wish I had seen these images prior to dropping so much money on this product. Worst of all, someone actually proofed these counters during some phase of production and didn't think there was a problem.