New Xbox 360 Console Bundle for 2009?

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm just about ready to make a move on a XBox 360, but I can't stand the Holiday Bundle game titles. I couldn't be less interested in Lego Indiana Jones or Kung Fu Panda.

Does MS plan to release a new group of bundled games with XBox 360 Pro consoles in 2009?

Thx for your help!

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm just about ready to make a move on a XBox 360, but I can't stand the Holiday Bundle game titles. I couldn't be less interested in Lego Indiana Jones or Kung Fu Panda.

Does MS plan to release a new group of bundled games with XBox 360 Pro consoles in 2009?

Thx for your help!
save 'em for your kids...

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The kids can go play Mario on the neighbours' Wii. :smoke:

I want to play Fallout and CoD: World at War, and watch some professional downloaded movies.

Pdqport

1st Caveman Superhero
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The 360 bundles seem to come around only at the holidays and they don't usually include 'must have' games. When I bought mine in '07 it came with Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forza 2. Not games I'd have ever bought normally, but hey free is free.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a better bundle. Another price drop is rumored to be coming along soon so I could see holding out for that, but if you are jonesing for some Fallout 3 then I say dive in. It is truly a sweet game!

KingNothing12

Reaction score
Country
llRomania
The 360 bundles seem to come around only at the holidays and they don't usually include 'must have' games. When I bought mine in '07 it came with Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forza 2. Not games I'd have ever bought normally, but hey free is free.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a better bundle. Another price drop is rumored to be coming along soon so I could see holding out for that, but if you are jonesing for some Fallout 3 then I say dive in. It is truly a sweet game!
Well at least yours came with games, the premium edition Xbox I purchased in 06 came with no games.

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thx for some helpful posts.

I think I'll try visiting a couple of local big boxes and see if they will give me a significant discount on Fallout 3 if I buy it, a 360 Pro, text keypad, and wireless Ethernet connection all at once. Really wish the current gen of XBox 360 Pro came with both wireless Ethernet and HDMI in the box.

Pdqport

1st Caveman Superhero
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thx for some helpful posts.

I think I'll try visiting a couple of local big boxes and see if they will give me a significant discount on Fallout 3 if I buy it, a 360 Pro, text keypad, and wireless Ethernet connection all at once. Really wish the current gen of XBox 360 Pro came with both wireless Ethernet and HDMI in the box.
Yeah I wish it came wireless ready out of the box too. I don't know how it is now but when I looked into a year ago, the wireless adapter was an extra $100 USD which seemed pretty steep. So I just bought 50 ft of CAT 5 for $20.

At least you'll be getting the 60GB HD. Mine is came with the 20GB and that fills up in a hurry.

Pdqport

1st Caveman Superhero
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well atleast yours came with games, the premium edition Xbox I purchased in 06 came with no games.
Yeah I hear you. I was happy to get the games even if they weren't at theop of my list. I found the Marvel game to be a lot of fun and I know Forza is supposed to be good, but I'm just not into those racing games.

Funny thing is that when I wanted to buy the bundle, I went to Circuit City because I had a gift card for $100 to put towards it. Now I knew the bundle was in circulation, but I didn't see any on the sales floor and all the sales guys swore up and down that they didn't have any in stock. They tried to sell me the non-bundled version that they did have on the floor.

Well I went home, looked it up online, and saw that the same store showed the bundle as in stock. I ordered it, went back to the store and picked it up. I got to have a nice chat with the manager about how several of his employees told me they didn't have the very item I was now holding in my hands. He didn't offer much in the way of an explanation or apology but the embarrassed look on his face was priceless. And they did lose out on the sale of the peripherals and games that I had intended to buy at the same time as the 360 but bought from the Wal-Mart down the street instead.

MPHopcroft

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now I'm curious. Given that you want to be reasonably family-friendly (no M ratings, and a T may be questionable), what two games would YOU want to see in a 360 bundle? Or would you prefer multiple bundles for different interests (like a sports bundle and an adventure bundle)?

My sports bundle, if I had my druthers, would be the latest Madden and an NBA game. Not that I'm particularly good at any of them, but they'd give the sports junkie something to sink their teeth into.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
They're never going to include class-A titles in a bundle with the console. They want you to buy those after you buy the console, so they give you some filler instead.

It's not so much a matter of being family friendly as it is a matter of profit.

MPHopcroft

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They're never going to include class-A titles in a bundle with the console. They want you to buy those after you buy the console, so they give you some filler instead.

It's not so much a matter of being family friendly as it is a matter of profit.
I can see Kung Fu Panda as filler (one of the cross-promotional movie games that I would not be surprised that the film studio had subsidized), but LEGO Indy was a very popular and well-received release IIRC.

I don't know how good I would be at it, though. I couldn't sit through Temple of Doom after it came out on home video (from the screenwriters who brought you Howard the Duck!), which you have to go through (again IIRC) to get to The Last Crusade.