New WO Pack

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Board 10a/b is very nice, Alan, congrats!

I keep looking at the Graveyard. How it's not next to the Church, and how it's open to the road on those two hexsides. The realism part of me really wants a wall there, but I'm thinking it's neat to offer the tactical twist of NOT having the wall there. A non-walled graveyard is interesting. Nicely done.

I'm also looking at those buildings on Q10/Q11, wondering if there's ever gonna be issues with how those hexes merge with other boards. Probably not, but that's the kind of thing I'm not brave enough to do, for some reason. Which is stupid, really.
Looking over it more closely with my original design in front of me, there were some changes made. There were some Woods/Brush-to-Orchard changes that I think I made per request, but there wasn't a graveyard in the original or requested change, and a few other small edits.

The Q10 & Q11 buildings are definitely my doing, and I continue to look for opportunities to do more. For the Fort boards especially, I find the predictability of the 'empty' A/Q/GG columns to be somewhat annoying - killing any geographical flow between boards. But that's just me.

I'm glad you like it.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Board 10a/b is very nice, Alan, congrats!

I keep looking at the Graveyard. How it's not next to the Church, and how it's open to the road on those two hexsides. The realism part of me really wants a wall there, but I'm thinking it's neat to offer the tactical twist of NOT having the wall there. A non-walled graveyard is interesting. Nicely done.

I'm also looking at those buildings on Q10/Q11, wondering if there's ever gonna be issues with how those hexes merge with other boards. Probably not, but that's the kind of thing I'm not brave enough to do, for some reason. Which is stupid, really.
As it turns out, that graveyard was associated with the Anabaptist church (Chaplain Tappman) that *used* to be in H12 and H13. But it burned down mysteriously and was replaced by the current strip mall, but the graveyard remains.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As it turns out, that graveyard was associated with the Anabaptist church (Chaplain Tappman) that *used* to be in H12 and H13. But it burned down mysteriously and was replaced by the current strip mall, but the graveyard remains.
I had envisioned a nasty property dispute between the two churches in town.

But, I like your version better!

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Originally, the Anabaptist church was a small one-story building (no Steeple, because... Anabaptists) in H13 with an apple grove in H12. The Anabaptists made the *best* apple fritters. But the rest of your tale rings true.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The boards look like they have an Ardennes feel to them.
The Bulge scenario did not make the final cut; you should see in a future Journal or something else. (ironically, the first design started, but last one finished)

Last edited:

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As it turns out, that graveyard was associated with the Anabaptist church (Chaplain Tappman) that used to be in H12 and H13. But it burned down mysteriously and was replaced by the current strip mall, but the graveyard remains.
Next will be an orchard-graveyard