bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
If you encounter any problems, please let me know
Um, there appears to be a huge problem right from the get-go. It requires a Facebook login. Why is VASSAL now restricted only to FB users? How am I going to get my future VASSAL upgrades?

No, I take it all back. If you click on the link you provide above, you get asked for a FB login. If you don't use that link, but instead use the old vassalengine.org bookmark, then you get the new page no problem. Umm ...?

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Um, there appears to be a huge problem right from the get-go. It requires a Facebook login. Why is VASSAL now restricted only to FB users? How am I going to get my future VASSAL upgrades?

No, I take it all back. If you click on the link you provide above, you get asked for a FB login. If you don't use that link, but instead use the old vassalengine.org bookmark, then you get the new page no problem. Umm ...?
Oh argh. I see what happened. I pasted this announcement from the one I also put on Facebook, and Facebook helpfully munged the link. I've fixed the announcement. Try now.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Play at your own pace by Email or Discord.

THANK YOU!!
Where can I donate??

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
trying to use the chat, forum and news links. Am getting a 503 Service Unavailable message.

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm aware of the problem, but I don't know how to solve it permanently. Something keeps changing the SELinux context of the socket file the forum uses for communicating with the web server.

General Mayhem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I cannot log in to Vassal forums and the request to reset password does not result in an email being sent. I cannot create a new account as it tells me that my email address already has an account.

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Our outgoing mail server wasn't accepting messages sent by the forum because a necessary setting for that had been undone. Thanks for alerting me to the problem.