New to SASL

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Just bought SASL Ed2 and am eagerly pouring over the rules and pretty charts... are there any resources available out there for more CG's charts etc? I am specifically looking for a desert CG, but hell, anything would be great!

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Very little SASL in the desert has been designed, AFAIK.

On the other hand, there's Red Barricades CG and Scenarios from Journal 1 you might want to investigate... I know I want to at some point when I have the time!

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Reepicheep said:
On the other hand, there's Red Barricades CG and Scenarios from Journal 1 you might want to investigate... I know I want to at some point when I have the time!
Bought that at the same time, and do not worry about a thing - i am definately gonna cause some Russian heart-ache!

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thanks for the links bergquistd, am chedking them up now... they look good though

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Desert is not yet a theater exploited by SASL, but Perry told me quite a long time ago it would perhaps be developed...
I also asked him about a more "armour" oriented SASL (i.e. managing a tank platoon rather thant an Infantry Coy) and he also said it was one of the possible adaptations of SASL.
But I believe this is not for tomorrow... So, the door is open for amateur adaptations! :cool:

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
If they implement an "armor" oriented SASL, which I do think would be an exciting idea to explore, I do hope they improve the armor rules in general though rather than leaving them as loose as they are at the moment. I'd prefer something a bit more detailed than the present rules if armor was likely to come up in most scenarios.

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Yes, i would like to have some AFV to play with, can they become 'attached' to one's CG company?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Legion said:
Yes, i would like to have some AFV to play with, can they become 'attached' to one's CG company?
They are "attached" in some missions - so you will have them if you include such missions in a CG.
Note that with SASL, you can create a CG, linking different missions which occur one per month (eg. from june 41 to may 42) and deciding which mission is the most representative of the situation of each given month (e.g. Recon for june 41, Hold the line for february 42, etc.).
Besides, Journal 1, as said before, gives you missions adapted to RB's context : you still have to choose how to arrange them...

P. S. : feel free to choose maps otherwise than random (with the "Gauss" effect of a DR, you are bound to have some maps more often than others... I use a 12 sided die to give the same chances to every board and even choose my boards whithin a given category (I like change!).
Placing overlays is also left to one's appreciation : if you like to use them, go ahaead!
SASL is a land of freedom... :cool:

Priest

Reaction score
Don't forget about Robert Delwood's site, it can be accessed from the ASL HQ page. It's labeled as SALSAII undereneath the ROAR link.