New To CMBO and CMBB

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi. I just recently purchased CMBO and CMBB. From what little I have played these games, I have been very pleased in playing them. Could someone direct me to where I can find documents regarding German doctrine for fighting in the hedgrows and also as what fighting was like in Russia? I am wanting to keep the game as historically as possible.

Regards
Jeremy

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sure about the doctrine documents part so I'll let some WW2 experts handle that one.

However- let me be the first to welcome you to the CM Forum! :D

We have some fun & experienced CM players here and they should be able to answer any CM game questions you have or get you started in PBEM gaming.

Glad to have you at WHQ. :toast:

Last edited:

KG_Norad

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome!

Welcome aboard! I know Battlefront carries some books on american & german & russian(I think)tactics. Also both the CMBB and CMAK web pages have a bibliography link.
Check battlefront.com

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Try "Fighting in Hell", a collection of accounts from German generals to get an impression what terrain, climate and weather did to the fighters on the Eastern front.

Cooper's "Death Traps" has tanker stories from the U.S. side of Normandy. A few infantrymen have narratives, too. I keep mixing them up but I think Wilson's "If you survive" has a fair bit of tactical info.

Why don't you have CMAK?

Mephisto

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the spirit of the recent forum merge, I direct you the the Armchair General site where they have a three or four part article in their archives titled, "Military Improvisations During the Russian Campaign" which has accounts from German officers regarding tactics and strategies that where employed during the fighting in Russia.

Here's a link to part one: http://armchairgeneral.com/page_left_column.php?content=article_disp&p=56

Hope this helps!