New Third Party Publisher: Hazardous Movement

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Volga! Thanks for the question. I am going to give a very detailed answer in the first issue of the Hazmo Horizon, a free newsletter that will be sent to all Hazmo site subscribers (also free) on Wednesday of next week. So make sure you go to www.hazardousmovement.com and sign up!

I will let you in on one thing, though . . . there are 10 scenarios, 7 in-city, 3 outside of Stalingrad and the scenarios can be played either individually, or as a 7-game mini-campaign, or as a 10-game MEGA-MINI campaign. :) Players will DIG this - playtesters are having a BLAST! :)

Have a great weekend!
@commissar1969 A little birdie on Discord dropped a mention of a HazMo 3 scenario pack coming out soon. Pack 1 is awesome, but I passed on Pack 2 because the combatants/time frames are just not my cup of tea. However, this third pack seems even more up my alley than the first. What can you share about its contents? # of scenarios, Turn lengths, HASL maps used (🙏), etc. I tried to blow up the image, but was mildly unsuccessful. It seemed though as if some maps other than traditional geos were to be called for.

Thanks! Edit: Release date?
Oh, and they're going to be on historical maps, not generic ones. :) Release date is July 29 at the 25th Annual St. Louis ASL tournament!

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
So make sure you go to www.hazardousmovement.com and sign up!
Done!

I will let you in on one thing, though . . . there are 10 scenarios, 7 in-city, 3 outside of Stalingrad and the scenarios can be played either individually, or as a 7-game mini-campaign, or as a 10-game MEGA-MINI campaign. :) Players will DIG this - playtesters are having a BLAST! :)
WOW! :love: The fact that HL and AoO are also required are going to make this super scrumptious, on top of the expected Soviet-German death rattle! I'm going to need a defibrilator by the time this is ready to ship. 😂

Last edited:

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I purchased the first two HazMo scenario packs.

These are mostly mid-sized with a few large ones. They are also fairly complex scenarios.

I have enjoyed all of the first ten scenarios (my least favorite was the free one - Kids These Days). Several would vie for my favorite.

Played several scenarios from the second pack. These are mostly from the Spanish Civil War, others from early WWII actions.

I am a sucker for tin cans and early war, so really enjoying the second pack as well.

Some of the complex scenarios may well skew over time after some experienced players analyze, play and refine attacks/defenses. However, ROAR early returns look good. The authors, as mentioned earlier, are very good ASL players and their experience clearly shows.

You should buy these packs, a good value for the money with replay value.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I purchased the first two HazMo scenario packs.

These are mostly mid-sized with a few large ones. They are also fairly complex scenarios.

I have enjoyed all of the first ten scenarios (my least favorite was the free one - Kids These Days). Several would vie for my favorite.

Played several scenarios from the second pack. These are mostly from the Spanish Civil War, others from early WWII actions.

I am a sucker for tin cans and early war, so really enjoying the second pack as well.

Some of the complex scenarios may well skew over time after some experienced players analyze, play and refine attacks/defenses. However, ROAR early returns look good. The authors, as mentioned earlier, are very good ASL players and their experience clearly shows.

You should buy these packs, a good value for the money with replay value.
I've always enjoyed the early armor being a tincantankerous type of guy.

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Done!

WOW! :love: The fact that HL and AoO are also required are going to make this super scrumptious, on top of the expected Soviet-German death rattle! I'm going to need a defibrilator by the time this is ready to ship. 😂
Yeah, the 3 non-city scenarios (already complete, btw) cover the Stalingrad-related Operations SATURN, URANUS and WINTERGEWITTER (Winter Storm)!

volgaG68

Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, the 3 non-city scenarios (already complete, btw) cover the Stalingrad-related Operations SATURN, URANUS and WINTERGEWITTER (Winter Storm)!
Confirming my suspicions.....saw a post somewhere with you (?) mentioning a scenario title or something called 'Orphans of Saturn' (?). I just knew it had to be Operation Saturn-related, but didn't know how/if it applied to this pack. This really is going to be awesome.

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Confirming my suspicions.....saw a post somewhere with you (?) mentioning a scenario title or something called 'Orphans of Saturn' (?). I just knew it had to be Operation Saturn-related, but didn't know how/if it applied to this pack. This really is going to be awesome.
You should have been a detective with those kinds of deductive reasoning skills! :) Yes, that's exactly what Hazmo30: Orphans of Saturn is about. Did I mention all 10 scenarios progress in chronological order?

volgaG68

Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
I really enjoy the concept of publishing post-module scenarios for existing HASLs. Tom/Bill did a lot of great ones after VotG/FB were released, but alas, they apppear here and there. LFT really started something with FTC 10 having all scenarios either on the BRT map or the LFT-KWASL-HASL map. Unfortunately, neither BRT or KWASL interest me at all personally so I didn't buy it, but I give mad props to them for publishing such a venture. Now to hear this same sort of mass-HASL scenario pack is being done on a theater I do enjoy, seriously it is like an ASL-dream come true for me.

Someone has been reading my ASL Wishlist Diary.....;)

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
I really enjoy the concept of publishing post-module scenarios for existing HASLs. Tom/Bill did a lot of great ones after VotG/FB were released, but alas, they apppear here and there. LFT really started something with FTC 10 having all scenarios either on the BRT map or the LFT-KWASL-HASL map. Unfortunately, neither BRT or KWASL interest me at all personally so I didn't buy it, but I give mad props to them for publishing such a venture. Now to hear this same sort of mass-HASL scenario pack is being done on a theater I do enjoy, seriously it is like an ASL-dream come true for me.

Someone has been reading my ASL Wishlist Diary.....;)
Dispatches from the Bunker continues to provide scenarios for Red Factories, both the RB & RO maps, we have published several in the last decade and continue looking at both factories for more. Stalingrad nastiness never stops.

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
So if you guys had a Deluxe map that was basically one big RB-style factory and a bit of peripheral terrain - would you play on it?
Just curious -as I am not thinking about scenarios for such a project ;)
Interesting idea; but do you think you could make more than one scenario for it? If yes, then sure I would.

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PSA: If any of you guys have not yet received the free Hazmo annual magazine - The Hazmo Horizon - go to www.hazardousmovement.com and subscribe (for free) to the site. I'll send it out to subscribers again in a couple of days.

It's 50 pages of ASL excitement!