Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I was asked today and accepted. For the moment I will mainly limit my actions to hunting down and killing spam, I already have reported much of same, now I can deal with it directly.

As for other moderation, the policy here to date is a light touch and I will do my best to follow that. This is, I suspect, a learn on the job situation.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Thank you.

I just realised that to fulfil my functions I will have to remove the 7 scumb ... gentlemen from my ignore list to check whether they have gone beyond even the very liberal limits that apply here. Groan!

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hah.. nice. Well deserved. In my limited observations you are one of the true gentlemen of the site. Though I must say Paul. That avavart of yours looks mighty cute... but for some reason when I browse the forum, as I was earlier today you not just show up as a mod on duty.. but with that avatar blown up to massive distored proportions.

gave me flashbacks to a movie I watched last night in fact.. I'll be lucky if I sleep tonight. I laughed at this scene last night.. now after getting the stare down by your enlarged avatar.... I might just have problems sleeping tonight

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
That avavart of yours looks mighty cute... but for some reason when I browse the forum, as I was earlier today you not just show up as a mod on duty.. but with that avatar blown up to massive distored proportions.

gave me flashbacks to a movie I watched last night in fact.. I'll be lucky if I sleep tonight. I laughed at this scene last night.. now after getting the stare down by your enlarged avatar.... I might just have problems sleeping tonight
Strange, I have not seen my avatar any larger than others' avatars. Anyway, you need not worry about Clovis. He is a somewhat shy but very gentle and very affectionate cat. A single pet and he would be putty in your hands.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Congrats on your mod status (I think), I was only banned once and it was enough to learn my lesson, hope I don’t offend anyone to be banned again, life is too short.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Congrats on your mod status (I think), I was only banned once and it was enough to learn my lesson, hope I don’t offend anyone to be banned again, life is too short.
You're a braver man than me Paul. Well done!
Thanks!

I think a good part of the reason is that I had become quite good at spotting and reporting Spam, which of course meant that someone else had to do the cleanup! So why not get me to do the cleanup? I bagged my first 4 this morning! The usual keto diet stuff, however I never understood the importance of "foreskins" in someone's diet ?.

Policy seems to be a light touch, especially light in Politics, so don't expect to see me wielding a scythe just to get in the exercise. I will beg everyone's forbearance for a while until I get a feel for the job.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
So what you're saying is now is the time for me to post pictures of naked ladies draped over tanks?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
So what you're saying is now is the time for me to post pictures of naked ladies draped over tanks?
While it is unlikely to get you banned, you will get "snipped", your offending "post" anyway.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I can only go on what appears to be the existing standard. Thread like bikinis don't seem to have been removed, one or two with less have been. As far as I can see that the poster can say she is wearing "something" over sensitive areas, it passes. Not something I'm going to loose sleep over anyway. Pussy is allowed as long as it meows, has long whiskers, follows laser dots and cleans itself using only it's tongue.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
While I added a couple of dozen of the most prolific ad sites to my firewall and use "Adblock for Youtube", I would expect to see some ads, but see none. Though Adblock is supposed to only affect Youtube, it must work here in GS as well. I still see ads in other sites.