New Sleaze Eploited

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
As I understand it, you HIP your own observer in location that might be a bit obvious, say in a CG. Your opponent, wishing to use the ASL version of counter-battery fire, attempts to target the hex your observer is in. But because you are as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University, you park a jeep or truck or kubel or whatever in bypass behind the obstacle that your observer is sitting in. As a result, your opponent has to make a second chit draw, even though his observer has no chance to see the sleazing unit. All in all, as cunning as something which is very cunning indeed...

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hence there's an enemy unit in the AR hex, "unknown" to the Observer, since "known" is unconcealed and in LOS.

Got it. Nice ~

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
My venerable opponent in a FB game brought down his AR to lay smoke to cover his advance.
Being a clever chap he carefully placed it outside my defensive perimeter so there was no one close where he would have required an extra draw.
Being the sneaky underhanded dog that I am, I advanced a concealed squad (actuly a dummy) ADJACENT to the AR which caused him to require an extra draw when he wanted to convert. I'm thinking this is correct but might have missed something. Of course, the extra draw was red...
nice......

though I do not understand why he did not move the round one hex so no draw

Peace

Roger

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
though I do not understand why he did not move the round one hex so no draw
If you correct and call for conversion, you have to do accuracy over again. If accuracy fails, you could drift back to where you were or to some place where there are other onboard enemy units but no Known ones, in which case you have to do the extra chit draw anyway. Or it could drift someplace not very useful. If you make a correction you take a chance; if you draw the extra chit you take a chance too, but at least you know where the FFE will land. Which is better? It's hard to say.

JR

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
true I took it his opponent took the chance without even trying to move it.

Peace

Roger

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
He did a really move it and declared an intent to convert. Of course, it drifted to where another concealed unit was, out of position to cover his advance and he drew red.
Remember, if you move the AR to a "no draw" area and declare conversion, if it drifts to where you would need a draw then you still have to make one despite your positioning of the AR.

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
If you correct and call for conversion, you have to do accuracy over again. If accuracy fails, you could drift back to where you were or to some place where there are other onboard enemy units but no Known ones, in which case you have to do the extra chit draw anyway. Or it could drift someplace not very useful. If you make a correction you take a chance; if you draw the extra chit you take a chance too, but at least you know where the FFE will land. Which is better? It's hard to say.

JR
Can you create any sort of real-world narrative for the FO's reasons behind this series of choices as dictated by the rules?