New scale for The Gamers series?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I heard something a while back about "BOCS." I think I heard something to the effect of 1km/hex or something like that, but I could be mistaken. Does anyone here have more information on this?

JoeCleere

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Battalion OCS will have one kilometer hexes, battalion sized units, and three turns per day (two day turns and one night turn).

I think the idea is to address battles and campaigns that have high unit density and limited map space, such as Normandy, and where there are balance issues at the normal scale of OCS.

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
JoeCleere said:
Battalion OCS will have one kilometer hexes, battalion sized units, and three turns per day (two day turns and one night turn).

I think the idea is to address battles and campaigns that have high unit density and limited map space, such as Normandy, and where there are balance issues at the normal scale of OCS.
Scale One km ... a game from NES "The Killing Grounds" has I think this scale or close to it. Very good game but if OCS can pull this new sub series off I might be interested. Thats why I'm not that keen on the BtR or the Italian campaign game thats coming out ...to many counters on a small board area .....of course TKG is jammed with counter density as well ..at first ....