New Review Of Tigers Unleashed

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A decent review\run down...though I think if a game has issues bad enough to warrent those who have it stop playing until it's fixed then those issues should be mentioned.

I've posted a comment anyway.

Chelco

Should be working ...
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi,
Don't make it look like I'm cheating people with my review, please. I haven't noticed the issue and I'm off to test it out. It's a huge simulation and some stuff will be off, that's for sure.

Cheers,

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Not in anyway what I meant or was implying Chelco. It was obvious you just hadn't noticed it. What possible reason would you cheat, mislead in one of your reviews? None. I just thought maybe you could have checked some forums first or given the game a couple of days...as many of it's bugs are very obvious indeed.

Last edited:

Chelco

Should be working ...
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi. I'm getting some angry e-mails about the review being so positive, that's why I'm saying this. I gave the game enough time, indeed more than a month since I've got a copy of it. As for missing something, reviewing this simulation is like reviewing the internet.

Cheers,

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
OK sorry Chelco. Not sure why people get angry about it.

Anyway didn't want to cause you any grief!

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi. I'm getting some angry e-mails about the review being so positive, that's why I'm saying this. I gave the game enough time, indeed more than a month since I've got a copy of it. As for missing something, reviewing this simulation is like reviewing the internet.

Cheers,
[sarcasm] Yes, I can see where it would be totally appropriate to write a nast-i-gram to someone who obviously took more than a couple of days to get into -well, as it happens, any game that they have chosen to review. . . [/sarcasm]

I once got a nasty comment on my blog when some fine upstanding paragon of the wargaming community, no doubt, had an issue with my asking then posting 5 questions I made to Rich Hamilton about the then new JTS business model and how it differed from HPS's. . . so they're out there.

___

Personally I think it is a little unrealistic to expect a reviewer to cover everyone's pet peeve about anything. Personally if it were me writing anything on a similar topic, I don't think I'd bother; and can see exactly where it would be like reviewing the internet - there isn't much compensation for writing reviews as part of the hobby.

Last edited:

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It is very odd I agree for people to get angry over reviews..you may not agree witht hem but sending nasty emails it's wrong.

KEYSTONE07950

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm still playing and enjoying the sim. For the pre-made scenarios, I save them as scenarios so I can edit the engagement ranges for for both sides. Seems to work. Has anyone else seen an improvment doing this?

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Keystone to be honest I haven't. Reason being I just don't have the time to go through all the weapon engagements in a scenario (well I just can't be bothered to be honest) also JMass I think it was send it seemed like more was going on than just that. The start of a game can take an age as it is setting all the units SOP's etc..plotting manoeuvre groups so to have to change all the engagement ranges aswell is just to much. Hopefully it will get fixed as the accuracy is odd aswell...lots of hit's at 2% accuracy and things like that (well enough to raise eyebrows).

I did notice further down in Chelcos blog he was questioning the fact an smg at low accuracy took out a SKDfz251 I think it was. So it does look like he has noticed something odd at some point and he made an article on it. So he has brought it to light. Also it becomes apparent why Chelco never noticed this issue..he plays on low detail, which means you'd never notice it. I play on detail 5 and it's very obvious something is up.

Keystone what would be great for everyone I'm sure is if you point the revised scenarios up for download somewhere...

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Keystone, yes I had mentioned editing engagement ranges in the original post regarding them. I do it, and it works fine, takes a few seconds,and fixes an issue. I certainly have not had any issue serious enough to stop playing, the game plays great for me. That said, I am anxiously awaiting the patches, as I see it will only get better.

Last edited:

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
navman the next patch solves many issues..it's the best one yet..finally those wooden houses on every city\town and village hex have gone and you can actaully enter the buildings in the city\townvillage hexes..hurrah..alos ther ehave been a big chnage in combat ranges and data tables have had a good going over..plus ther eis a great addition which gives you an option to stop units using small arms against armour..