New Quests at High King's Crossing

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I knew they had added quests in the "lower level" areas so this sounds like a good one.

Banned... hmmm we may never know.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Just 3 days for advertising. As if we don't have bigger moderation fish to fry on the CMx1 forum...
It wasn't even advertising. I posted a link to a video. In a thread about making videos. Geordie was advertising - the fact that he's given away control of the board to the trolls that are now, in fact, running it in his absence. Too bad. But it happened on the ASL forum long ago and was inevitable at CM, too. The SES forum was on outlier. Basically there are two choices when a weak moderator is given the reins (and it seems only empty shirts tend to stick around - too bad, because there have been some good ones like Cherper, alanp, etc., who I guess burn out). The good posters can drive off the weak moderators, which I think happened on the SES board, or the trolls can drive everybody else off, which seems to be the norm here.

But, there are plenty of places to go for intelligent conversation, which don't rely on auto-pilot.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To be honest, Don not doing anything hasn't done too much damage for us, for a while we were going along fine. Geordie might not be the strongest leader in moderating the forum but in this context it was working allright.

Then things got so weak that we leave a serial banee in and that fills up the moderation bottle real quick.

The two don't mix. If we want things on autopilot then we can't be that generous. I am all for giving people second (or fifth) chances but the conditions for it need to be created. It's particularly difficult with people who have extreme swings in how they cooperate (possible due to recreational fluids).

So somebody will have to take the responsibility for some handholding himself if that's what we want. Just free-for-all and washing one's hands doesn't work. In particular not when it leads to ridiculous bans like MDs.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I hear you, but is the quest that takes you into the Kings Statue cool? :hmmm:
Thats what we really what to know. :joy:
Well, I'm assuming you get to go inside. :halo:
You should answer your (in-game) mail more often.

By the way, there is a rope in the screenshot above...

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You should answer your (in-game) mail more often.
I went thru all my alts & didn't see or remember a message- rats! :(

A rope? BAH! :angry:
There's no "inside" to that huge statue?

Unfortunately thats the trend of the vast majority of LotRO "settings" with everything being outside along the walls despite the weather.
I suppose it's a programing issue: easier to place every one & thing outside than create special "cool" locations inside.

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I went thru all my alts & didn't see or remember a message- rats! :(

A rope? BAH! :angry:
There's no "inside" to that huge statue?

Unfortunately thats the trend of the vast majority of LotRO "settings" with everything being outside along the walls despite the weather.
I suppose it's a programing issue: easier to place every one & thing outside than create special "cool" locations inside.
There is a whole series of quests there now, with several inside locations now, including a light house and a storehouse at one of the fortresses on the Brandywine, so you're not entirely correct.

Also a new sunken ship on the Brandywine which you have to go diving to, which was cool, though the animations were - well, you'll see.

BlitzCanuck

Pretend Command Sgt. Maj.
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You must not have done a lot of the instances that were added more recently because Halls of Night, Inn of the Forsaken, Ost Dunhoth, and Sari-Surma all take place inside.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, no, I meant camps, towns & villages etc. :)
Everyone just stands outside selling their wears & giving quests in rain storms & the dead of winter even though there are warm buildings & covered tents all around.