New poster, frequent reader

skybluechris

Recruit
Reaction score
Hi guys (& gals)

Have been a regular reader of this great site, and have decided to finally sign up. It has kept me well informed of the PSP info and as such took the plunge and imported one. What a machine.
Keep up the good work

S.B.C

Luke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Welcome skybluechris - thanks for the praise :D

Have you got any games yet?

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
skybluechris said:
Hi guys (& gals)

Have been a regular reader of this great site, and have decided to finally sign up. It has kept me well informed of the PSP info and as such took the plunge and imported one. What a machine.
Keep up the good work

S.B.C
welcome to sengo. (damn! you have a psp too.:D)

skybluechris

Recruit
Reaction score
Yup i certainly do have a PSP. Only got the 2 games at the moment, but as soon as the console is released over here will be getting as many games as i can afford. just gotta decide which ones. hehe. oooooo the choices. In the meantime, i will just have fun with what i've got. You wont be disapointed.

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
skybluechris said:
Yup i certainly do have a PSP. Only got the 2 games at the moment, but as soon as the console is released over here will be getting as many games as i can afford. just gotta decide which ones. hehe. oooooo the choices. In the meantime, i will just have fun with what i've got. You wont be disapointed.
thats good to hear.:)
i see you have firmware 2 too.

skybluechris

Recruit
Reaction score
certainly do.

wonderes of broadband, even if its 512k. No problems installing it atall. I love the ability to be able to use any picture as a background, havnt tried the browser yet but intend to whilst watching the bill. lol. If any of you own a jap psp then get this update.

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
skybluechris said:
certainly do.

wonderes of broadband, even if its 512k. No problems installing it atall. I love the ability to be able to use any picture as a background, havnt tried the browser yet but intend to whilst watching the bill. lol. If any of you own a jap psp then get this update.
can you just choose any size of picture for the background or is still limited to be in bitmap format? :confused:

Steph

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hey Chris, glad you finally decided to join. There's a lot of talk about the PSP launch in the UK so i hope you stay give us your opinions about it. :D

Btw, i'm in the midlands and about 45 minutes away from DarkSora. :)

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Steph said:
Hey Chris, glad you finally decided to join. There's a lot of talk about the PSP launch in the UK so i hope you stay give us your opinions about it. :D

Btw, i'm in the midlands and about 45 minutes away from DarkSora. :)
lol, cool...your right next to my area then.:D

skybluechris

Recruit
Reaction score
thanks 4 the replies. am typing this onthe new browser. hencethe dodgy typing. lol. on the whole a decent browser. ucan even dl mp3. as 4 pics u can set them as orig or fullscreen. soz again 4 the typing.

Steph

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Don't worry. That's cool though; one or two people have posted on here using the broswer. It'll probably be a lot easier to do once the keyboard's released at the end of this month.

In the meantime though, i need to get myself a wireless router.

skybluechris

Recruit
Reaction score
The web browser is pretty darned good. Qualitys superb, however as the page is bigger than the screen you have to scroll left to right aswell as up and down, but you will get used to it. Java scripts are accepted, and as i mentioned before you can download mp3's, havn't tried downloading anything else yet. On the whole i'd say sony have got it right. The keyboard takes some getting used to but once you do it's just like using a mobile phone keypad.

Steph
Deffonatly get a wireless router, well worth it.

CrashBoy
I plan on sticking around for sure.

skybluechris

Recruit
Reaction score
hehe thanks tom

same to you. Im sure you must have helped seeing as you've had 936 posts. looks like i got a long way to go. lol. Still 7 posts and counting. :D

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
i'll be getting a wireless router too.:D cant wait till i get my psp. the browser sounds great seeing as you can download mp3's.:)
i guess you can download trailers too...:D
i'll be etting a keyboard too.

Steph

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Downloading MP3's will certainly be useful. You won't need to use a computer to transfer them onto your PSP. If you were sitting in a coffee shop or somewhere with a wi-fi hotspot then that would be awesome.

Do you download them for a price off of any site, like on itunes for example, or do you need to buy them from a special site that Sony have set up so that they'll go straight onto your PSP? I'm assuming it's not free. :rolleyes:

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Steph said:
Downloading MP3's will certainly be useful. You won't need to use a computer to transfer them onto your PSP. If you were sitting in a coffee shop or somewhere with a wi-fi hotspot then that would be awesome.

Do you download them for a price off of any site, like on itunes for example, or do you need to buy them from a special site that Sony have set up so that they'll go straight onto your PSP? I'm assuming it's not free. :rolleyes:
or you probably get sites that require a membership and grant you mp3's.