New player looking for learning games or other newbies to learn together.

loganbertram

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm a veteran board gamer and RPG aficionado, but I've only played ASL a few times with my roommate in college. It's been a few years since I've played a human, but I bought the core rules and Beyond Valor and played myself a few times to make sure I had a grasp of enough rules to hold my own. I feel like I have the flow down pretty solid for at least infantry and most kinds of terrain.

I'd really love to play another human, preferably live over VASL, casually when we can both swing it (I work 9-5 M-F Eastern time and have kids, so I'm working around that schedule). I'm also open to PBEM and could do daily logs. I'd be most receptive to any of the Beyond Valor scenarios or anything that could be played with those components since I own it, but I'd also be open to just about anything except DYO scenarios for the time being.

Like the title says, I'd be willing to play anyone who can work with my schedule, teaching games are appreciated, but I'd also be happy to pick up a similarly new learning partner who can muddle through the rules with me to the best of our respective abilities.

Frederic

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi,
Back info asl, i'm interested info working on the rules too.
I préfer pbem by the fact i'm living in France
Drop me a line if interested

Fred.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have you checked out the ASLSK modules yet? Kind of like ASL with training wheels.

Regardless, not an overly experienced player, but enjoy teaching and patient. Drop me a PM if you would like to fire up a game. Usually a turn a day with some interruptions for work travel.

loganbertram

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have, but I'm pretty comfortable with full ASL. I'm not averse to big rule sets and I've probably played 10 games of full ASL now without too much trouble. I'd just like to keep expanding my rule knowledge to include ordinance, off board artillery, and armor. A few people have already reached out, but I could probably do another PBEM at that pace.

cepierce

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd be interested in learning with you. I've played some of the SK modules, but thinking I want to step up to full ASL. Drop me a PM. I can do live VASL on east coast or PBEM.

loganbertram

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm in coastal South Carolina, near Hilton Head Island. No much luck finding people for other games so far, but if anyone is local that would be awesome!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm in coastal South Carolina, near Hilton Head Island. No much luck finding people for other games so far, but if anyone is local that would be awesome!
Hey Logan. Try Nadir Elfarra's ASL Players map, found here. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1goYBML4s19fjE68-_VuxJ_2361U&hl=en_US&ll=33.42706808116414,-79.51119538073829&z=9
It looks like you are between Jeff Coyle and Pierce, in your neck of the woods. Not sure on distances though, so VASL may indeed still be your best bet.

Muzzlehead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would enjoying working through some Vasl/Discord (or skype) scenarios. We could discuss them prior to setup... roll for random sides but play them twice switching sides on second go round. Then debrief... start with an infantry small 6 to 8 turn game