New player - Birmingham, AL

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
If you guys do get an AL FTF thing set up please let me know. I would love to participate.

I have an all day mega scenario team play day schedule for Aug 5 with some guys in Lebanon, TN. We could setup something like that or just a round of one on one scenarios.
Tate:

What are you guys playing?

Cheers,

Mark

Wedge

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like we need to organize an AL-ASL event. Now that we are headed into football season..lol.

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm down for an Alabama ASL Day too, and my 12 year old daughter would like to join in as well (although we both just play the starter kits)! Perhaps we could get some space at the game store in HSV, or do like the HSV gaming group does and just sit at tables in the food court at the mall on Memorial Parkway. :)

Wedge

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let us know how the Atlanta tournament turns out.

One possible venue here in BHM would be the Shelby County Library. They have a very nice meeting room that we could rent for the entire day for $25.

Does The Deep in Huntsville have room for an ASL group? That is the only gaming store I know of in that area.

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is a very large room with tables and chairs on the second floor at The Deep. Room for at least 20 concurrent ASL games, likely more. We would need to check on what else they have going on though. They often have other gaming groups at play.

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BTW, if we are serious about doing this, and it sounds like enough are interested to make it happen, I wonder if we shouldn't open it up to those from Atlanta and other nearby areas?

SonBae

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A member of the Huntsville Historical Game Club just told me about this post.

The Huntsville Club is primarily miniatures but we have been branching out into board games and found a bunch of us have ASL and are looking to have an Inaugural ASL meeting on 10 Feb 17...still coordinating a location but the Deep is the first choice. More details in the Groups Facebook page (Huntsville Historical Game Club). It’s a closed group but That’s to keep out the spammers. TJ will let everyone in. Let me know here or there if you’re interested. Or need more info!

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I assume you meant Feb 10 2018. And DANG IT!! I will be out of town that weekend to present at a conference. I would love for me and my 12yo daughter to be involved - we are both ASLSK players. If the date gets moved that would be awesome. If not just put us down as two interested in attending.

SonBae

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sheepish grin... yeah 2018 that’s what I meant. <rolls eyes>

Our back up is the week after and I haven’t set anything in stone yet. If things don’t work for this one we hope to do this on a Saturday once a month.

SonBae

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are a go for 10 Feb 18 at The Deep in Huntsville from 1000-1600. SKs welcome as well as full ASL.Hope to see you!

SonBae

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’ll keep you posted...join the Facebook group I mentioned above for even more on other games they’re trying to get going. We’ve open the floodgates here!

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I posted a poll in the Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit group on Facebook recently about interest in a ASLSK (and probably ASL) weekend in Chattanooga. We are up to 6 players interested and 1 maybe. Please make an up-vote if you would like to help make a fun weekend happen. Spread the word too!!

SonBae

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes sir! Still on target with an-2 Target Acquisition counter!

You going to make it?

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you make it MadDawg? I heard there were EIGHT ASL PLAYERS!!

Note to all: this is now OFFICIALLY A MONTHLY EVENT!!! The second Saturday of each month we will be playing ASL(SK) at The Deep. There are 4 or 5 people that have said they would be (willing) playing Starter Kit too. So come on down!!