New player - Birmingham, AL

Discussion in 'ASL Opponents Wanted' started by Wedge, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Wedge

Wedge New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Looking for someone willing to be patient enough to walk me through ASL. I just ordered the SK1, rule book, and BV. Ive been watching a ton of YouTube intro/tutorial videos and trying to read what I can before I receive the game. I'm a teacher and my spring break will be the week of the 26th. I will have some free time then to absorb all this new information to really soak it in and enjoy the game. If interested in helping me out a little please let me know.

Best wishes,

Dave

2. Nearmiss

Nearmiss Member

Sep 4, 2013
    SE MD
  3. sambruzs

sambruzs Member

Jan 30, 2012
    nj
    Cheers
    Patrick Ireland helps all newcomers to ASL. Search for him here, there will be instructions on how to contact him

4. clubby

clubby Active Member

Dec 27, 2015
    CA
    Are you wanting to use VASL & Skype or are you looking for FtF?

5. Wedge

Wedge New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Preferably face to face - I just don't know the level of interest here in AL.

I don't have Skype and would need to install vasl though.

6. clubby

clubby Active Member

Dec 27, 2015
    CA
    You may have a harder time finding a game. Total time to install Skype and VASL (module, extensions and boards) is probably an hour.

7. sambruzs

sambruzs Member

Jan 30, 2012
    nj
    Cheers Wedge
    I agree with clubby. Once you have installed SKYPE... If you need help with VASSAL and VASL. Help is just a click away... you need speakers at the very least to use SKYPE (or headphones) camera not necessary.

Once you are up and running with SKYPE / VASL ... entire world is open to look for opponents.