New panzer campaigns?

pailleterie

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Do you think we will have a new title this year?

My hopes are Tunicia 43, Kharkov 43 (they can use the same or similar map that
Kharkov 42) and Cirmea 43.

Other possible titles?

(sorry for my bad english)

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From what I have heard you will not see Kharkov '43. Unless Glenn and co. change their mind the game is best done as a add on scenario/OB pack and several have already put together the main battle already. Check the download pages for this series to find the scenario.

I am hoping that Tunisia '43 comes out. The debut of the Tiger in the desert and the green American units and Free French should be interesting opponents to Von Arnim and Rommel's vets.

I am currently working on a large WW2 module for the end of the war. It will pit the Allied forces vs. the Soviets. After the Germans are destroyed (each side commands Germans on the other side's front) WW3 will begin. I plan on using the large map that came out in Danube Front '85. This will be an add on pack and not a game.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
One scenario Sgt Rock is talking about available here is Flaming Sword of Vengeance.

*But* -I know the author of this had written on the Blitz's board- this same topic- there is an updated version of that scenario there -the one here seems to be the original by that author (and to me seemed unfinished- unit portraits not matching up, typographical errors on strengths [e.g. -Marders with a defense strength of 46 (whereas Tiger Is are 23)- among others.

I was working on fixing this until I found FSRGold - but even that seems to have some issues, that I wanted to play around with. One thing is that the morale rates for regular Soviets seem about 1 point too low. In a typical Soviet (non Guards) infantry division - 2 regiments have starting morales of D and one rgt has a starting morale of E - that seemed a little too low for me for January 1943 -so I went in and edited these up to 2 rgts's with C morale and one with D -and even that might be a little too arbitrary- and the D might be a little too low.

Anyway, I am playing around with that particular scenario (and it is a huge one-- 421 turns on I think the entire campaign map -maybe more- as it goes to Dnepropetrovosk -and I don't remember the Kharkov map itself extending that far...

----------

I wonder if Cassino is an option - particularly if you can mate it to Anzio. Otoh I would prefer earlier war situations -aside from that I hope the next title is a Western Front or Med Front title. That's just me though.

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
From what I have heard you will not see Kharkov '43. Unless Glenn and co. change their mind the game is best done as a add on scenario/OB pack and several have already put together the main battle already. Check the download pages for this series to find the scenario.
Just to clarify - it is not that it is best done as an addon - just that someone made an addon with the limited amount of map we had available. In the process we then have to figure out if a full new Kharkov '43 would be as attractive given there are other interesting titles where there is no addon.

Kharkov '43 is not a dead concept by any means, just that it has to compete with the addon that was done on available map.

Glenn

B-snafu

Reaction score
Early war, Early war, Early war......... possible Poland 39' (same map could then be used later possibly for scenario covering Russian advance in 44'-I dunno) or Norway 40'. A little one sided I know but Interesting subjects that are not covered as most as others in all wargaming titles.

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Early war, Early war, Early war......... possible Poland 39' (same map could then be used later possibly for scenario covering Russian advance in 44'-I dunno) or Norway 40'. A little one sided I know but Interesting subjects that are not covered as most as others in all wargaming titles.
Have a look at the maps scale - Poland is something like 700km x 600km. That is something like six times the number of hexes.

Glenn

Dion

Ober Field Marshal
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The First Blitzkrieg covers the early war real well.

I wonder what would happen if France invaded Germany at the same time when Germany invaded Poland. I want to make a scenario concerning that same situation. That is one thing that is fantastic with The First Blizkrieg, the early part of the war.

Last edited:

B-snafu

Reaction score
Have a look at the maps scale - Poland is something like 700km x 600km. That is something like six times the number of hexes.

Glenn
Well--I really didn't consider the "do-ability" (is that a word:))--just stating they would be interesting subjects to explore. Regardless--as long as you guys stay around & keep cranking out Pzn titles I'll be happy as will the community.

Dion--I agree the first blitzkrieg is near the top of my list to get next.

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glenn - LOL - glad to hear I was wrong and that you guys might consider Kharkov '43.

The battles around Kiev with the 48th Panzer Korps firebrigade would be fun.

Lord_Valentai

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Do they stand a chance in Stalingrad, or the Soviets in Smolensk?

I admit it'll be a hard one.

Xaver

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Well, what do you understand for victory??? German player can take more points killing West Allies..... and the campaign for the allies do Imperative take Berlin for Victory..... you can win wiht out destroying your enemies :laugh:

Lord_Valentai

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
He's got a point. However, I doubt the Soviets would have stopped no matter how many men they lost.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
"Standing a chance" is always determined by the victory conditions as set in any scenario - in any game. So "standing a chance" is not really about who takes what ultimately- but -how or when something is taken.

I don't know how much fun researching an OOB on Berlin might be though.

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I don't know how much fun researching an OOB on Berlin might be though.
Sure would be hard - with the German Units and org structure adjusted for what they had left. Then there is getting the strength right.

Tough job - not impossible, but challenging.

Glenn

Dion

Ober Field Marshal
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I must admit I too have a fascination for a Berlin scenario. I think it would be quite interesting. I never seen a wargame covering that battle. I guess it's because if you played as the Germans you would lose every time. It just wouldn't be a very competive game for both players.

Now that I think of it a game covering the US invasion of North Africa would be better. Imagine how competitive it would be, a horde of well supplied green troops vs. the hardened veteran troops of the Africa Corp. There would be plenty of room to maneuver in the desert. There would be encirclements and flanking maneuvers galore, and at any time the thinly stretched axis supply lines might disappear causing a mojor shift of battlefield supremacy.

Last edited: