New ongoing FitE AAR

Tue

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Kraut said:
By the way, this was the thread I mentioned and this JAMiAMs post I meant :)
Thank you. That makes sense - except that you lack a situation where a unit cannot attack or move due to lack of supplies with this interpretation. Unless there's a possibility of 0% supply.

Last edited:

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
If a unit is encirceled or cut off from supply, it is flagged unsupplied, than losses won't be replaced and squads beginn to desert. Also the supply level will drop continuously (but not lower than 1%) and all battle losses are real losses, no lost equipment is sent to the replacement pool. But a unit will always be able to fight or move, there is no such situation as completely running out of gas or munition.

Tue

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Kraut said:
If a unit is encirceled or cut off from supply, it is flagged unsupplied, than losses won't be replaced and squads beginn to desert. Also the supply level will drop continuously (but not lower than 1%) and all battle losses are real losses, no lost equipment is sent to the replacement pool. But a unit will always be able to fight or move, there is no such situation as completely running out of gas or munition.
Okay. So in other words: it's not a bug. It's a feature. :D
Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
AAR updated with turn 007, read it while it's still hot :D

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Kraut, whose turn is it, i remember sending u my turn 7 but did you send turn 8 or not?

Davich

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been keeping track of your FiTE AAR mainly because I am also playing it. My opponent has been constantly deploying his units directly to the front instead of holding them back until recently (T 6). I have not accomplished the advances you have, obviously. You might like to know at the end of turn 7 you have probably eaten up the rifle squads the Soviets had on hand in the beginning of the game. Now you have to defeat the reinforcements, reconstituted units, recovered units and replacements received since turn 1. :crosseye:

For the German this game sometimes seems to be an insurmountable task. No matter how many you destroy just as many arrive to take their places while your units slowly dwindle and supply becomes impossible to replace. And then there is the winter... :OHNO:

Davich

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been keeping track of your FiTE AAR mainly because I am also playing it. My opponent has been constantly deploying his units directly to the front instead of holding them back until recently (T 6). I have not accomplished the advances you have, obviously. You might like to know at the end of turn 7 you have probably eaten up the rifle squads the Soviets had on hand in the beginning of the game. Now you have to defeat the reinforcements, reconstituted units, recovered units and replacements received since turn 1. :crosseye:

For the German this game sometimes seems to be an insurmountable task. No matter how many you destroy just as many arrive to take their places while your units slowly dwindle and supply becomes impossible to replace. And then there is the winter... :OHNO:

BTW, I would suggest no one use this scenario or DNO as a starting point for beginning PBEM as I have. However, you will learn much but the hard way. :nuts:

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
After a looong slumber, this game is finally continued again, and you can read all the latest news of my turn 009 in the AAR section :)

Well, why are you still reading this? Off to the AAR section, go go! :whist:

Bloodstar

Reaction score
Country
llCroatia
Kraut said:
After a looong slumber, this game is finally continued again, and you can read all the latest news of my turn 009 in the AAR section :)

Well, why are you still reading this? Off to the AAR section, go go! :whist:
Hehe, excellent! :)

BTW, yes you can use 1 or 2 inf div (don't have notes here) but you can use those div that you sent to Murmans to attack Leningrad if you notice that your opponent is guarding apporocahes to Leningrad with a few unis. Finish div cannot attack across their stop line near Murmansk and south of that (black border in the middle). When Leningrad is conquered you can use Finish troops elsewhere.

Mario

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Turn 10 is posted in the AAR section, the Wehrmacht is getting dangerously close to Moscow and Leningrad, my opponent will have to work pretty hard now to prevent an early end of this game :)

Ben Turner

Reaction score
Country
ll
Kraut said:
Here is a quick view of the situation at the beginning of turn 02, as you can see, strong forces were assembled to defend Minsk and the StalinLine is already occupied by soviet forces. Some tough battles lie ahead!
Why do Soviet players bother to defend so far forward? So far as I can tell, the Dnepr-Dvina-Peipus line is pretty much unbreakable. Ignore everything west of there. As the rest of the AAR demonstrates, failure to do so results in Axis victory.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Not at all, the Dnepr line isn't unbreakable, not even in DNO where the soviet player has far more units under his command to slow the germans down, in the opening phase it's the german player who dictate the speed of advances, not the soviets.
In my first games of DNO I as the german player advanced too slow, as a result the soviets managed to build a strong defence behind the Dnepr west of Smolensk, roughly up to Velikiye Luki. I've learned from my mistakes and advance a lot more aggressively now, I am usually across the Dnepr by turn 4 and there is not a lot the soviets can do to prevent that.

It's similar in FitE, but I think its even harder in FitE to stop the germans early on, simply because the soviets dont have that much trash units they can throw at the germans to slow them down a bit.

Ben Turner

Reaction score
Country
ll
Kraut said:
Not at all, the Dnepr line isn't unbreakable,
Based on my experience, it's perfectly possible to build a solid line of fortified units along this route. The German can no doubt dislodge some of these, but he's locked in in a way which he never will be if the Soviet player lets his army get destroyed in front of this line.

Perhaps it's possible to get past this line- I haven't played these scenarios enough to be sure- but defending further forward is simply suicide for the Soviets. For you to be approaching Moscow (apparently screened by a handful of militia divisions) on turn ten indicates that the Soviet player has made a series of fatal mistakes.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
AAR updated with turn 11

Well, Ben, I agree that the soviets made several errors in their defence attemps and thereby helped me in advancing as quickly as I did, I also agree that its possible to build a solid defence as the soviets as soon as turn 6 which will make life miserable for the attacker, but than its the exact opposite, than the german allowed this to happen by advancing too slowly and carefully, against an aggressive german opponent you wont manage to build a solid defence line infront of Smolensk, behind the super rivers, the germans will simply advance too fast for that. (wow, that's a looong sentence :D )

Bloodstar

Reaction score
Country
llCroatia
Kraut said:
AAR updated with turn 11

Well, Ben, I agree that the soviets made several errors in their defence attemps and thereby helped me in advancing as quickly as I did, I also agree that its possible to build a solid defence as the soviets as soon as turn 6 which will make life miserable for the attacker, but than its the exact opposite, than the german allowed this to happen by advancing too slowly and carefully, against an aggressive german opponent you wont manage to build a solid defence line infront of Smolensk, behind the super rivers, the germans will simply advance too fast for that. (wow, that's a looong sentence :D )

BTW, in new version if you noticed plain German inf. have movement of 19 (was 20) so it is lowered somewhat. Maybe this one point will be enough for Soviets? :D

Mario

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
My infantry is down to 11 movement point at the moment anyway because they are so low on supplies :D So I think the reduced rail repair capacities of the Axis in the new verison might be able to slow the germans down a bit, in my current game I am almost always able to keep my frontline units in good supply because I can keep at least one railline repaired almost up the front at almost all fronts :)