New ongoing FitE AAR

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I've just started a FitE AAR from my newly started game vs Polynike, I will add reports from the front and screenshots as soon as I get my turn back from my opponent.

FitE 4.1 ongoing AAR

Karri

Reaction score
Country
llMalta
Maybe I should finish my AAR. After all, we finished the game already :rolleyes:

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
AAR updated with turn 002, screenshots will follow as soon as I get the turn of my opponent.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
After a long delay the AAR was finally updated with turn 006, enjoy :)

Screenshots will follow soon.

Tue

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Kraut said:
After a long delay the AAR was finally updated with turn 006, enjoy :)

Screenshots will follow soon.
Fantastic reading. Keep it up. :hurray:

Tiberius

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tue,

Did you visit the San Francisco bay area about 2 years ago and stay with my friend in Berkeley? I know, I know, It's like "you're Bill from the USA? I know a Bill from the USA!" But you have to ask these things anyway.

Bill from the USA

mkqest

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It looks as if the Germans have concentration of units/firepower whereas the Russians are thinly spread across a wide front to thin to prevent breakthroughs and encirclement.

Of course its only turn 6!

Tue

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Tiberius said:
Tue,

Did you visit the San Francisco bay area about 2 years ago and stay with my friend in Berkeley? I know, I know, It's like "you're Bill from the USA? I know a Bill from the USA!" But you have to ask these things anyway.

Bill from the USA
No, sorry to disappoint you. I've never been in California. I've visited the east coast but never the west - a serious fault, I know. :)

One of very few Tues in Denmark. One of 892 people named Tue to be precise.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
mkqest said:
It looks as if the Germans have concentration of units/firepower whereas the Russians are thinly spread across a wide front to thin to prevent breakthroughs and encirclement.

Of course its only turn 6!
Exactly! I am killing approx 15 divisions every turn and I guess that my opponent gets approx 15 divisions every turn, so I prevent his stock army from rising. And as he didn't have enough units to cover his front now, were the map is still relatively narrow, he won't have the units to cover the whole front later on as long as I just keep killing 15 divisions/turn. Therefor I am almost guaranteed to find a weak spot in his defence should he stop and dig in, and by exploiting this weakness I can bag some more divisions and increase his bodycount. As long as my opponent doesn't find a way to break this circle, I can hopefully continue to chase him down, deep into mother russia. :devil:

Rev

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very interesting read. I am playing this solo to try to learn it better. I wasn't sure how good or bad I was doing as the Germans in the opening turns but I seem to be running low on supplies already for my lead armor spearheads. I basicly implemented the same strat, let the infantry mop up and surround as much as you can and anihilate the ruskies. I on the west banks of the Dvina and supplies are dwindling. I will be across on German turn 3. Well how do you keep the panzer columns in supply? It doesn't appear you are slowing down at all.

Best

Rev

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Rev said:
Well how do you keep the panzer columns in supply? It doesn't appear you are slowing down at all.
I try to keep all units on roads, repair railroads as fast as possible and try to keep a HQ next to every unit at the end of my turn whenever possible. Nevertheless most units are now down to 50% supply, units heavily involved in combat such as panzer divisions often down to 1%. Well, there is not much I can do about that, resting now would be suicide so they keep on advancing. Whenever I have to fight I try to use the units with the highest supply level but if I have to, I order the 1% supplied units have to attack, too. Speed is more important for me than low casualties, so I attack with red-supplied units and accept that they'll suffer. This is a war and no picnic ;)

Tue

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Kraut said:
I try to keep all units on roads, repair railroads as fast as possible and try to keep a HQ next to every unit at the end of my turn whenever possible. Nevertheless most units are now down to 50% supply, units heavily involved in combat such as panzer divisions often down to 1%. Well, there is not much I can do about that, resting now would be suicide so they keep on advancing. Whenever I have to fight I try to use the units with the highest supply level but if I have to, I order the 1% supplied units have to attack, too. Speed is more important for me than low casualties, so I attack with red-supplied units and accept that they'll suffer. This is a war and no picnic ;)
Doesn't the supply level affect movement at all? Based on my limited experience it doesn't seem to, but it seems strange that a 1% supplied unit is able to move as well as a fully supplied unit.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Tue said:
Doesn't the supply level affect movement at all? Based on my limited experience it doesn't seem to, but it seems strange that a 1% supplied unit is able to move as well as a fully supplied unit.
Sure it does. Movement at 100% supply for a Panzer/Panzergrenadier regiment: 28 / 30
Movement at 1% Supply: 17 / 20

They also fight worse and take higher casualties, so if anyway possible you should avoid to fight with red-supplied units.

Tue

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Kraut said:
Sure it does. Movement at 100% supply for a Panzer/Panzergrenadier regiment: 28 / 30
Movement at 1% Supply: 17 / 20

They also fight worse and take higher casualties, so if anyway possible you should avoid to fight with red-supplied units.
Ah, okay. Thanks. But it still seems too much - 60 percent or more of maximum with 1 percent supply.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Tue said:
Ah, okay. Thanks. But it still seems too much - 60 percent or more of maximum with 1 percent supply.
There was a discussion just lately about the supply issue were JAMiAM said that it's probably better to look at the 1% level to be the normal supply level, because a unit can still move or fight at that level. Everything above 1% should therefore be considered a bonus. I think that's a good explanation :)