New On Preorder: Panzerblitz Ii!!!!

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Retail Price: $36
Preorder Price: $27

Preorders needed: 575

The return of the tactical game which started it all, Panzerblitz: Hill of Death is a historical module simulating the fight in Normandy for Hill 112. This is not the Panzerblitz of the 70's, but rather a modernized system which uses many of the core concepts of Panzerblitz while removing some of the gameyness of the original system.

Panzer Blitz uses a single 22"x32" mapsheet which is based upon historical maps of the period. Beautifully detailed, yet totally functional for the game, the maps reflect the battlefield as it actually was - no generic terrain for these battles. 8 scenarios are included in the game, varying in size from small to large so that gamers will be able to enjoy Panzerblitz: Hill of Death whether they have a whole Saturday of gaming lined up or an hour before its time to put the kids down for the night.

Panzerblitz: Hill of Death contents:

1 22" X 32" mapsheet
2 counter sheets
Ruls
Player Aid Card
Dice

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Retail Price: $36
Preorder Price: $27

Preorders needed: 575

Panzerblitz: Hill of Death contents:

1 22" X 32" mapsheet
2 counter sheets
Ruls
Player Aid Card
Dice
So Keith, what map scale is this game in? It looks cool ... I've bought both earlier versions of PB & PL but found them to bland for my liking so never played a full scenario, started one or two but it lasted only a few shakes of the dice.

Anyway historical looking maps and nice counters are what I like so I might be willing to try this new version .... any real difference to TCS outside the Ops Sheet rules?

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I don't do pre orders, sorry, but, consider me a sold copy ie you might as well just add 1 to your pre order total.

Yeah I know, stupid to throw out a chance at a modest savings. But my finances don't permit open ended decisions like this.

Besides, in this world, 36 bucks (full price) is not asking a lot if the product is well enough made.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So Keith, what map scale is this game in? It looks cool ... I've bought both earlier versions of PB & PL but found them to bland for my liking so never played a full scenario, started one or two but it lasted only a few shakes of the dice.

Anyway historical looking maps and nice counters are what I like so I might be willing to try this new version .... any real difference to TCS outside the Ops Sheet rules?
250 meters per hex. Units are platoons, batteries and half companies.

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
250 meters per hex. Units are platoons, batteries and half companies.
Just wondering how does PanzerBlitz compare to PanzerGrenadeir from Avalanche press...they seems pretty similar in terms of scale and stuff.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just wondering how does PanzerBlitz compare to PanzerGrenadeir from Avalanche press...they seems pretty similar in terms of scale and stuff.
Properly phrased, it should be stated, how does Panzergrenadier compare to Panzerblitz actually.

PG is likely an ok game, but wargaming already knows PB is a great game. MMP is simply making it look visually a lot more modern in the graphics angle.

GJK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
and did I read somewhere that PB has chit draws? .....
I was on a very early playtest team, and the rules at that time had a chit draw system.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I know you will be alarmed when I say this, but, can you "explain" this chit draws business?

Maybe it's just a term I am not used to.

GJK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know you will be alarmed when I say this, but, can you "explain" this chit draws business?

Maybe it's just a term I am not used to.
In a nutshell, you put "chits" for both sides in a cup and draw them to determine initiative. I won't go into specifics from what I saw from the playtest kit because that was an early build and I don't know what might of changed. Some games (like Victory Games old "Panzer Command") further used chit draws to determine which commands were activated, so if you drew the chit for one of your divisions (let's say), then you could only move/combat with elements from that division in this phase.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Oh ok, I recall that system then, I've used that in past games.

Hmm might not be so bad a modification I guess.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I preordered this campaign specific PB, OF COURSE.
It seems that if this product works, it will open a door to a more generic PB (i.e. as PB/PL were).

Coenedens

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Is there any chance that the new rules will be usable also with the old titles too?

Ale

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Is there any chance that the new rules will be usable also with the old titles too?

Ale
Looking at the counters, there seems to be much more information on them (and different firepower values : I presume antitank and antipersonal).
I don't know if an improved PB/PL could adapted in a regressive way to the old games...

Coenedens

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Ehm... I was minded to buy it only if it would have some compatibility, but... I've pre-ordered it anyway... :eek:

Thank you, Robin.

Ale