New Movie: Saints and Soldiers

Patrocles

Reaction score
thanks for the info. It won several awards but from small festivals. It certainly sounds and looks interesting! I hope it gets a wider release.

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It looks good to me... and the subject matter is something I'd always wanted to know a little more about.

Interesting note... all the main characters are TV stars or guest stars.

Leatherneck

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Marines
Do us a favor and tell us your impressions about the movie after you see it.
Will do, Marines, but I just found out that the movie is limit, not nationwide and hopefully the theater near me will have that movie by August 6.

Uberdave

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
'Selected theaters' usually means New York and LA only.

I live in the LA metro area and will post a review after (and if) I see it.

The trailer seems to show all the typical WW2 movie cliches; the tough sergeant, the religious sniper, the cynical medic. Also has some questionable themes; ie the 101st AB in Malmedy, a British para found behind the lines of the Ardennes offensive.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by nreese21
probably would do better if it would have been advertised more
Besides this board, I haven't heard a peep about it. Maybe if it goes nationwide they'll advertise it. Until then, it really won't matter, because 99% of us won't be able to see it.

Larkin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
Besides this board, I haven't heard a peep about it. Maybe if it goes nationwide they'll advertise it. Until then, it really won't matter, because 99% of us won't be able to see it.
Ain't that the truth.

Reaction score
This is the first time I've heard anything about it. It is not being released yet in the D.C. area............Looks promising.

Leatherneck

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, Tonight is the night of the released and still no word over my hometown theater, but I have a feeling that I nor people won't able to see til DVD releases. I was looking for to see this movie.

BTW, The movie is not "Nation Wide" and it only for "Limit" what I have been told.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Army
Well, Tonight is the night of the released and still no word over my hometown theater, but I have a feeling that I nor people won't able to see til DVD releases. I was looking for to see this movie.

BTW, The movie is not "Nation Wide" and it only for "Limit" what I have been told.
Why do they even bother doing it then? Let it go straight to tape. There's a lot of country in between LA and NYC.