New mod for Campaign Wagram

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I've dusted off my old Campaign Wagram mod, updated it with the improvements that went into my Campaign Leipzig and Campaign 1814 mods, made a few changes, and added a few new features.

And the big news is that thanks to The Big Red One from Task Force Echo Four, I didn't have to break it up into lots of tiny pieces, so you'll be able to download it in one shot.

So what's in this mod?

First, it uses a slightly modified version of Ezjax's 3D units and terrain. The difference between my version of Ezjax and his original version is that I've made lower terrain elevations a darker green than the higher ones. The units and bases are unchanged, but there's a blood/no blood option for casualties in case you don't want dead bodies cluttering up the battlefield (blood is the default option).

The 2D terrain is based on the summer terrain in my Leipzig mod, which is in turn derived from my Panzer Campaign mods. The 2D unit symbols are essentially the same as those used in the original version of my Wagram mod, though there have been a few improvements along the way (check out the victory flags). The idea was to make the unit counters look like the symbols that you would see on a map illustrating one of the campaigns.

The mod uses the same unitbox conventions as my Leipzig and 1814 mods, but the images in the unitbox are Volcano Man's (with a few slight modifications) mounted on flags that were in use in 1809.

Finally, I've kept most of the incidental artwork that went into my original Wagram mod, though I'd present it a bit differently if I were doing the mod from scratch today.

Here are a few screenshots of what the current state of the Wagram mod looks like:

And above all I'd like to extend a big thank you to The Big Red One for making it possible for to bring my older Napoleonic mods out of mothballs. It's even more of a pain for me to break a mod up and upload it than it is for you to download a mod in a dozen pieces and have to reassemble them.

Here is the link for downloading this mod:

https://www.box.com/s/117d77af1a33d0795328

As everyone has probably noticed I update my mods fairly frequently, so it's not a bad idea to check it from time to time to see if the version number and upload date have changed.

There is an official patch for Campaign Wagram in the works, and this mod is already largely compliant with what that patch will do to the game. There are a few unit images which appear to be incorrect under this patch that will suddenly be sorted out under the next one.

However, since it's hard to predict exactly what changes will or won't happen in the patch, it is almost certain that there will be another version of this mod after the patch comes out.

The one thing that should be mentioned, though, is that the units bitmap from my Campaign Eckmuhl mod cannot be substituted for the one in Campaign Wagram.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The Wagram mod has now been updated to version 3.0b. This brings it in line with the latest patch which threw Ezjax's 3D units out of whack. So you shouldn't see any 3D units outlined in purple, or completely invisible except for their flag.

Here are some screenshots of the latest version of the mod:

The mod now includes most of the features that have been showing up in my other Napoleonic mods, including some new victory music.

My current plan is to put out a parallel version of my mod after Bill Peters completes his upcoming Wagram mod, but that probably won't happen until early next year.

In the meantime you can download my Wagram mod here:

https://www.box.com/s/117d77af1a33d0795328

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Campaign Wagram has now been updated to version 4.0.

It uses the same new terrain that has appeared in the recent round of updates to the Napoleonic mods.

Thinner 2D forests which look less hexagonal, transparent shadows, no trees in the building and swamp hexes, and 3D trees that are based on the originals.

You can download this mod by following the link to the Wagram section of this thread:

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?111328-A-complete-list-of-the-links-to-Philippe-s-Napoleonic-mods