New mod for Campaign Jena-Auerstadt

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
After waiting in vain for Volcano Man to produce an image mod for Jena, I finally decided to bite the bullet and produce my own (which I fully intend to revise if this spurs him on to pull out his magic scanner).

So here is version 1.0 of my mod for Campaign Jena. Like my other Napoleonic mods it includes retouched Ezjax 3D terrain and units, the Ezjax no blood option as alternate textures, and a different arrangement for representing altitude levels (he used alternating bands of light and dark terrain which makes it unnecessary to toggle on the brown contour lines, my version of Ezjax follows the original convention of making lower terrain darker).

The 2D terrain is the same as in my other Napoleonic mods and is derived from my Panzer Campaign mods. This mod also includes the lighter colored paths that will show up in middle altitude terrain.

As mentioned earlier, neither Volcano Man nor Ezjax ever produced unit images so I was forced to come up with my own. The Saxons and some of the French were borrowed from earlier Volcano Man mods. The Russians, Prussians, rest of the French, along with the Hesse Darmstadt and Nassau French allies were produced by scouring the web and/or constructing images. Some of the images that I used were not as clear or as varied as I would have liked, and will eventually get touched up or replaced in later versions.

The only new development for the series in this mod (which I will extend to all the other Napoleonic mods) is that zoomed-out 3D terrain now fits more snugly inside the brown contour lines when they're toggled on (and no, I can't do anything about that color because it's hard coded).

Another feature of this mod, which differs from the rest of my Napoleonic series, is that I edited the music. When you install this mod, certain pieces of music that never should have been there in the first place will be overwritten by more appropriate pieces. In other words, the late nineteenth century Austrian oompah music is out. I also made an editorial decision to overwrite the Russian music, because the presence of Russians is to much of a what-if to include their music as a standard feature. This game is about a duel to the death between the Hohenzollerns and the new French Empire.

And if you look closely Luise von Mecklenburg-Strelitz will show up from time to time.

Here are a few screenshots that show what the mod looks like:

The mod can be downloaded here:

https://www.box.com/s/3j3xqjqzoefczbj0vy0l

Because this mod overwrites a lot of the original material, it would probably be a good idea to back up some or all of your original.

And be sure to read the README file because it explains how to install the desktop icon that's included in the mod.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The Jena mod has now been updated to version 1.1.

There have been a few more niggly little adjustments to the figure work, but the big change is a correction of the color of the white-uniformed French units in the 3D artwork.

Many thanks to Bill Peters for straightening me out on that one.

The mod can be downloaded here:

https://www.box.com/s/3j3xqjqzoefczbj0vy0l

I hope there aren't too many more issues like that that need to be corrected because uploading all those music files is a real pain.