New mod for Campaign 1814

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I've just posted an abbreviated version of the Campaign 1814 mod to the downloads section.

It's similar to my mod for Campaign Leipzig and currently comes in eight parts.

Several parts that are currently completed but untested have been (temporarily) left out of the mod release to save time.

What you get:

Units images with cannons, horses, and flag backgrounds. Makes it easier to distinguish between infantry, cavalry, and artillery. Armies from minor nations are immediately recognizable because their flag background is not limited to that of the main side.

Example: suppose you are in command of a Prussian forcs with some Russian, Saxon, and Badener units attched. In this mod it will be immediately apparent which units are Prussian and which ones aren't because, although the units on the 2D map will all appear in prussian blue, when you click on them for more information their unit images will have their national flags clear displayed as a background.

Panzer Campaigns-style grass, roads, and trees on the 2D map.

Slightly modified Ezjax terrain on the 3D map.

A shortcut icon derived from Meissonier's iconic painting that can be used on your desktop.

What you don't get (but is in the works):

Snow terrain. For those in a hurry, just use Ezjax's 3D snow from his Russian Campaign mod. I'll release snow terrain as an addendum to this mod when I'm satisfied with my version of the game's 2D snow terrain.

Victory screen art:

I've made three new screen but haven't tried them out yet. I'll post them in a week or two when I've had a chance to look at them in game.

I'll be posting screenshots in the near future.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I've made some additions to the mod as posted in the downloads section.

I've added in a folder of snow textures. The 3D textures are unaltered Ezjax (I may eventually get around to adjusting them). The 2D textures are derived from my Panzer Campaigns mods. The 2D terrain features are a combination of Ezjax and work derived from Panzer Campaigns mods.

I've also added new victory screens. Make sure you back up your originals in case they're not to your taste.

I also found some tiny glitches that only I would notice in parts 4 and 5, and have adjusted accordingly.

So if you've already downloaded the first release of the mod, all you need to download this time around is Parts 4,5,9,10,and 11.

Unless I've missed something (which happens) the mod is now complete.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I've just given the 1814 mod a major overhaul and gathered it together all in one place.

Besides getting all the different pieces of the mod under one roof, I've repainted the 3D trees to look like leafless trees in the French winter. I've also redrawn and repainted the 3D unit bases (they now have the same color as the background of the unitbox) and repaired and repositioned the units so that they usually look like they're centered on the bases. This includes some corrections to the 3D zoomed out bases that have been retro-fitted onto Campaign Leipzig.

I've also done some work on the sound. I didn't like hearing someone yelling "God save the King" in the background of battles that were being fought between non-English speakers, so I edited out about four seconds of background sound. I've also never been a fan of the music selections, so I replaced the victory music with some period music selections. There's even an alternate for the draw music: if you don't like Beethoven there's an alternate clip of a French military bank giving the signal to pack it in for the night.

Like my other Napoleonic mods, I've included horses, cannons, and wagons so you won't be able to mistake a couple of teamsters for a battalion of infantry. The cannon images have been painted with gun carriages and metal fittings in the appropriate national colors.

Here are a few screenshots:

The 1814 mod version 2.0 can be downloaded from here:

https://www.box.com/s/fw7g6fs552u88jzbe2o8

And I'd like to extend a huge thank you to The Big Red One from Task Force Echo Four for providing a platform for my mods.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
My Campaign 1814 mod has just been updated to version 2.1.

The update was provoked by the Campaign Bautzen mod, which turned up some missing unit images as well as missing 3D images.

The other main feature of this update is an overhaul of the leader images who are now much more colorful and nestled inside of portrait ovals.

Here are a few screenshots of the current state of the mod:

Version 2.1 of the 1814 mod can be downloaded from here:

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The Campaign 1814 mod has been updated to version 2.2.

The update was needed to correct problems with how infantry units in column rested on their bases.

This isn't strictly part of the mod, but I've included a small gallery of paintings of battles from the Campagne de France to give the mod a bit more context.

Although not well known, the Campaign of 1814 was one of Napoleon's finest, and ranks alongside his first campaign in Italy as a showcase for his mastery of the battlefield. If Waterloo had gone his way, the ensuing campaign would have been an attempt to repeat the Campagne de France with a fresher army in better weather.

The Campaign 1814 mod can be downloaded here:

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The Campaign 1814 mod has been updated to version 3.0.

The update incorporates many of the features from the latest version of my Leipzig mod.

The mod is now harmonized with the latest official patch. The missing Italian unit from the official patch now appears in the infantry units and skirmishers .bmp files, the 2D trees are less dense, and there have been some adjusments to the marsh and snow graphics.

The big changes to Leipzig had already been experimented with in the 1814 mod, so the change to the new look won't be as striking. I'm holding off on screenshots untill more of the mods have been updated (and then I'll probably just make changes to the "Complete list of Links" thread.

The Campaign 1814 mod can be downloaded here:

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?111328-A-complete-list-of-the-links-to-Philippe-s-Napoleonic-mods

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The Campaign 1814 mod has been updated to version 3.3 and now takes the new terrain contour features into account.

The mod is now harmonized with the latest official patch. The missing Italian unit from the official patch now appears in the infantry units and skirmishers .bmp files, the 2D trees are less dense, and there have been some adjusments to the marsh and snow graphics.

The Campaign 1814 mod can be downloaded here (go to the Campaign 1814 section):

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?111328-A-complete-list-of-the-links-to-Philippe-s-Napoleonic-mods

Note that the link to dropbox is a link to an older version and will not include all the features of version 3.3.