New MMP Web Site

LHMG

Reaction score
It does make you wonder, when they don't post anything for 8 - 10 months, what is going on with a company.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I tend to agree. I pre-ordered The Forgotten War back in Dec, 2015. Other than it's coming, there has been zero updates. I know extensive play-testing goes into the process and the desire to get it right the first time, but a trickle of status would be nice. I still would take MMP over the other vendors, so, I don't want to sound with sour grapes. I am not. Thanks.

LHMG

Reaction score
IIRC, they do send a news email from time to time.
Have you seen one lately, do you have a recent one you can post or is there a place where they do post updates. It would be nice to hear whats new. Well lets hope they are around for a long time publishing ASL as its a great game.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I found an email newsletter sent on April 15 in my archives.
Here is the browser version : http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1110714961200&ca=176000a0-df54-4796-9ed5-d13e82b185bf
Perhaps was there a more recent one.
I think that you can subscribe on MMP's site to that emai newsletter.
Right, MMP does do e-mail updates, but it's absurd to not also make the same information available on the website, which MMP in fact used to do -- they would link the e-mail newsletters to the "News" page on the official website, but they haven't done that since last October.

LHMG

Reaction score
It does seem odd they dont put any updates about any games ASL or anything. How much effort would it take to update the webpage?? once in awhile. The e-mail wasnt really an update either, just a sales flyer.

LHMG

Reaction score
Something along the lines of GMTs monthly updates would be nice with an estimate of when we might see something and where it was in the production line. It doesn't have to as detailed or as lengthy but something would be nice once in awhile so we know they are still there. They dont have anywhere near as much stuff in the pipeline so it wouldn't take that long to do and a little courtesy update once in awhile wouldn't take that much effort, would it??

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Methinks that folks have overly high expectations of MMP's available bandwidth. They put out updates when they have the time and energy to do it. I'm sure they'd love to put out the eASLRB also, but cyber product just isn't their strong suit.

I for one would rather they devote their time/energy to putting out actual product.

I suppose I started playing ASL in the dark days of the 90's when not only were there no updates, but there was no new product either.

Jude

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I remember a discussion about the MMP website a long time ago. I finally looked it up and I couldn't believe the comments were from 2013. Interesting read as Perry actually chimed in on the subject. However, it seems like five years later, nothing has changed. As I said then, and I'll say again, I think the MMP website needs to be updated periodically to support prospective new players. Veterans know about places like Gamesquad, but new players would most likely go to the MMP website first. Seeing no activity may make them wonder about the health of the company. The link below sums it up nicely. There is even a comment from Drow in there. What a blast from the past!
http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/no-communication-on-mmp-website.113868/

Last edited:

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I remember a discussion about the MMP website a long time ago. I finally looked it up and I couldn't believe the comments were from 2013. Interesting read as Perry actually chimed in on the subject. However, it seems like five years later, nothing has changed. As I said then, and I'll say again, I think the MMP website needs to be updated periodically to support prospective new players. Veterans know about places like Gamesquad, new players would most likely go to the MMP website first. Seeing no activity may make them wonder about the health of the company. The link below sums it up nicely. There is even a comment from Drow in there. What a blast from the past!
http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/no-communication-on-mmp-website.113868/
I think it is a matter of making their online presence a priority. I get the impression that they are a bit old fashioned.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The forum in Consimworld happens to be down at the moment .. but MMP is a lot more present in that (ASL) folder. Hence some of us feel quick adequately "informed".

If I remember correctly that last bit mentioned in the last week was that the Red Factory maps are done. We get a constant chatter from MMP in there.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Methinks that folks have overly high expectations of MMP's available bandwidth. They put out updates when they have the time and energy to do it. I'm sure they'd love to put out the eASLRB also, but cyber product just isn't their strong suit.

I for one would rather they devote their time/energy to putting out actual product.

I suppose I started playing ASL in the dark days of the 90's when not only were there no updates, but there was no new product either.
I too remember the dark days after Avalon Hill folded. I may grumble from time to time about the frequency of their product output, but in the end, I'm just grateful that MMP even exists.

Jude

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The forum in Consimworld happens to be down at the moment .. but MMP is a lot more present in that (ASL) folder. Hence some of us feel quick adequately "informed".

If I remember correctly that last bit mentioned in the last week was that the Red Factory maps are done. We get a constant chatter from MMP in there.
Again, that's great for the grognard, but what about the casual (if there is such a thing in ASL) or the new player?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Again, that's great for the grognard, but what about the casual (if there is such a thing in ASL) or the new player?
New players & casual players can see the same forum. Everything is in plain text. A forum is a forum is a forum - I am not sure how the forum can tell whether you are "the grognard" or not. BTW ..call me a grognard and all my opponents will die laughing.

Here's the link - try it when it's up again. http://talk.consimworld.com/

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Most non grognards, so to speak, think the people who hang out in forums are a bit strange. I have had millennials tell me they would not be caught dead checking a forum as it is too "baby boomer." In any case, I have always felt that a company should never expect their customers to go out of their way to get information.

Jude

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
New players & casual players can see the same forum. Everything is in plain text. A forum is a forum is a forum - I am not sure how the forum can tell whether you are "the grognard" or not. BTW ..call me a grognard and all my opponents will die laughing.

Here's the link - try it when it's up again. http://talk.consimworld.com/
Funny how things have changed in five years. You actually defended my statement 5 years ago on page 1 of the link I posted above. I even thanked you for it. Now it seems that position has changed. No problem. I still stand by my position that if I buy a product and I need more information, I'd go straight to the company website first. I think it would be helpful for ASL if MMP at least updated their own website from time to time to help those new to the game. I'm not attacking MMP; I think they have done a great thing by keeping ASL alive. I'm just adding my two cents worth to what people have already said on this post.

Oh yeah, my bad if you feel an old term hardcore wargamers used to refer to themselves was offensive or laughable. You're one of the most positive members on this forum. I'm honestly surprised to see a jab like this from you.