New MMP magazine

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I happen to have seen the scenarios and one is very interesting (and meaty). I wouldn't want to play it if I hadn't bought it.

S

I can't accept this idea. OK ripping a Journals scenario's and sending them to all your mates is wrong, hard to argue against that.

However if you wanted to play one of those two scenarios with me and either of us owned them I would have zero issue with a copy going the other way so we can play it. I will not accept that anyone should have issues with this..

At heroes I played 10 scenarios over the weekend, I know in several cases my opponent did not have the pack, I also know some of those guys will not have rushed off to buy it afterwards even though they enjoyed the scenario. Given one was from Red Barricades it's a good job LOL

Ian

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I can't accept this idea. OK ripping a Journals scenario's and sending them to all your mates is wrong, hard to argue against that.

However if you wanted to play one of those two scenarios with me and either of us owned them I would have zero issue with a copy going the other way so we can play it. I will not accept that anyone should have issues with this..

At heroes I played 10 scenarios over the weekend, I know in several cases my opponent did not have the pack, I also know some of those guys will not have rushed off to buy it afterwards even though they enjoyed the scenario. Given one was from Red Barricades it's a good job LOL

Ian
OK, I over-simplified. I generally agree: if one player has it, fine, probably even a bit looser in a fixed-list tournament.

I really don't want to hijack into this old argument, though.

S

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
OK, I over-simplified. I generally agree: if one player has it, fine, probably even a bit looser in a fixed-list tournament.

I really don't want to hijack into this old argument, though.

S
Agreed, we just need new arguments. It's interesting that so many of the buy on reflex guys are even stopping to think about it (we know most will still go ahead and purchase) and I would say it needs noting. The Stalingrad thing though sounds somewhat interesting though. Before going back to work I want to try some of the operations games etc I have hanging around. If I don't get to then obviously I never will.

Ian

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Agreed, we just need new arguments. It's interesting that so many of the buy on reflex guys are even stopping to think about it (we know most will still go ahead and purchase) and I would say it needs noting. The Stalingrad thing though sounds somewhat interesting though. Before going back to work I want to try some of the operations games etc I have hanging around. If I don't get to then obviously I never will.

Ian
New arguments? Why? The old ones are so well-known we can have them in shorthand. :devious:

IIFT sux. :p

On topic: I am generally a "buy on reflex" and I'll buy this, but I pondered it. Due to maps and strength of contents, I never really considered not buying Ops SE 1 or 3. On the flip side, I'm not interested in the other stuff, so I conversely never considered buying Ops SE 2.

<shrug>

S

Arlecchino

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Jump over this without regret, like i did with OSMagazine 1,2&3.

(Yes i'm not a no-brain completist :hush:, and i don't care about non ASL Stuff. And yes i vote with $ :cool: )

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
On topic: I am generally a "buy on reflex" and I'll buy this, but I pondered it. Due to maps and strength of contents, I never really considered not buying Ops SE 1 or 3. On the flip side, I'm not interested in the other stuff, so I conversely never considered buying Ops SE 2.

<shrug>

S
Maps, what maps?

Peace

Roger

dwin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just got the magazine in the mail - very nicely done and like the new map overlays... Great start!

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I used to be a S&T subscriber way back in it's SPI days, but eventually found I could not keep up with the 6 games per year and work as well.

I get GMT's C3I, mainly as I am a fan of their GBoH series. I got the first OpSp for the ASL content and liked the magazine and got the next two as well. I will be getting the new SpOp which will give me about 4 magazines per year, including a Journal. There are times I need something lighter than ASL to play and a bit of non-ASL gaming reading to keep me sane.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Received the magazine today - the overlays are a reprint of the Journal 4 overlays (i.e. Hd1 - Hd10).
Sigh. more stuff to look at when i get home in 2 1/2 weeks time :-((

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Received the magazine today - the overlays are a reprint of the Journal 4 overlays (i.e. Hd1 - Hd10).
Thank you, Eoin.

So now it's $24 for two scenarios, an article on Singling and add'l copies of overlays I already have and will be buying again in the Overlay Bundle.

I'm stilll going to get it. I still hate it.

S

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Thank you, Eoin.

So now it's $24 for two scenarios, an article on Singling and add'l copies of overlays I already have and will be buying again in the Overlay Bundle.

I'm stilll going to get it. I still hate it.

S
+ a SCS game on the battle of Raphia + a game on central Stalingrad.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
+ a SCS game on the battle of Raphia + a game on central Stalingrad.
Yep. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the game in Ops SE 1&3. :rolleyes:

Though, full disclosure: I might actually look at the Stalingrad game from Tom M. Has to be modest complexity to fit and my wife actually likes that sort of game if it's not ASL-level investment.

S

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They're just freebies. We found some extra overlays in the Great Warehouse Purge of 2011 so we're tossing them into some orders. They are not needed to play any of the Special Ops scenarios.