New MMP DASL pack

OberZopf

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Could you imagine the original boards printed in DASL style, printing four boards to represent one of the original boards. Updating the original boards with more artwork in the DASL format. That would be worth buying!

OberZopf

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When I say “Original”, I’m referring to the original squad leader/ASL mapboards, starting with 1-6

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Could you imagine the original boards printed in DASL style, printing four boards to represent one of the original boards. Updating the original boards with more artwork in the DASL format. That would be worth buying!
When I say “Original”, I’m referring to the original squad leader/ASL mapboards, starting with 1-6
The deluxe boards are only fifteen hexes (thirteen whole hexes and two half hexes on the ends) down the long axis. Two side-by-side are as wide (in hexes) as a standard board, but two end-to-end are not the same length (in hexes) as a standard board. You'd need four and two fractions to cover the same area as a standard board.

JR

OberZopf

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, I understand they’d be map boards of unusual sizes, ”mbous”, just imagine playing on those boards.....amazing! Playing an original ASL scenario with two traditional map boards would require a least a 4x8 foot table, if not more. Fun!

Games would wind up looking like the “Battle of Britian” air-raid control centers, moving enlarged cardboard units and miniatures across the map with long sticks. ?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Games would wind up looking like the “Battle of Britian” air-raid control centers, moving enlarged cardboard units and miniatures across the map with long sticks. ?
At most player's age reaching across such could be spinal if not life threatening. I doubt that most players (Olli and maybe a few others excepted) could afford the staff, even at minimum wage. ?

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The most important question: Will it come in a sensibly designed box so it will actually fit on a shelf unlike SoF and HH?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The most important question: Will it come in a sensibly designed box so it will actually fit on a shelf unlike SoF and HH?
I'm guessing that with the tri-fold style maps that's a distinct possibility.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Great if Deluxe were to be available for Xmas or WO.
Yes. With just 12 Pre-orders left to go, MMP should probably just send it to the printer (if they haven't already done so), and announce just two weeks left to get the pre-order price!

...but what do I know.?