New MMP DASL pack

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
does anyone have any intell on the new MMP DASL pack? I saw a playtest scenario on new DASL maps on Facebook and can't stop drooling over new official DASL maps.

Binko

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It would be a huge surprise if MMP were working on new DASL maps. If they printed new maps I'd assume they would need to reprint the old ones in the new style. This would be a great thing but I was pretty sure they said they had no intention of making new DASL products. And they have so much in the pipeline already.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I have the original DASL. While I enjoyed it I would not put it at the top of my list. However I would buy both any new DASL as well as any reprint of the originals in the SK style card. I coughed up for LFT's DASL pack. I think the lack of new material meant that DASL faded in my interest, new stuff might well refresh my interest.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It would be a huge surprise if MMP were working on new DASL maps. If they printed new maps I'd assume they would need to reprint the old ones in the new style. This would be a great thing but I was pretty sure they said they had no intention of making new DASL products. And they have so much in the pipeline already.
Surprise. We are working on reprinting the DASL maps in the new method.
I do not think we ever said we would never make new DASL stuff.
I think we only ever said we were not going to make new DASL stuff tomorrow.
Tomorrow is now yesterday.
Stay tuned.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
We are working on new maps with new scenarios, Bill. Stay tuned.
Surprise. We are working on reprinting the DASL maps in the new method.
I do not think we ever said we would never make new DASL stuff.
I think we only ever said we were not going to make new DASL stuff tomorrow.
Tomorrow is now yesterday.
Stay tuned.
First I heard of this!
:jig::jig::jig::jig::jig:

Binko

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is great news. As an older player I really prefer playing DASL for casual FtF games where tall crowded counter stacks are just no fun to deal with.

In another 5 or 10 years I might need MMP to re-print all their counters in a 1" variant that can be played on the DASL maps. Then I can keep playing as the eyes get weaker and weaker and the hand gets shakier :)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
If the DASL maps are to be released in stock card format, I think that I would purchase them - especially if they come with revised and new scenarios.
If they were as beautiful as the LFT ones, it would be nice, but I presume that the graphics will be comparable with the original ones...
Another idea would be to have them with hexes the size of normal geoboards in addition, but I am not holding my breath there.

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the DASL maps are to be released in stock card format, I think that I would purchase them - especially if they come with revised and new scenarios.
If they were as beautiful as the LFT ones, it would be nice, but I presume that the graphics will be comparable with the original ones...
Another idea would be to have them with hexes the size of normal geoboards in addition, but I am not holding my breath there.
I would be interested in the DASL boards in ASLSK board-format, too. Regarding your last point, would not these boards with normal size hexes result in some pretty small boards?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I would be interested in the DASL boards in ASLSK board-format, too. Regarding your last point, would not these boards with normal size hexes result in some pretty small boards?
Yes.
I evoked that possibility because some players have made reduced versions of the existing DASL boards.
But their crowd may not be large enough to offer a commercial interest.
DASL scenarios allow to have large OB in a reduced surface - but all DASL scenarios don't have heavy unit density.
I personally wouldn't find a lot of interest in reduced maps.